- Services We Provide
More than 80 public safety officers patrol all Saint Louis University property located in St. Louis City: on foot, bicycles, golf carts, T-3s, and in DPS squad cars.
Some of the many ways DPS patrol officers make campus safe:
- Regularly checking buildings, garages and outdoor parking lots
- Patrolling the outer edges of campus, including the Grand Avenue bus stops
- Opening and closing campus offices and classrooms
- Responding to and investigating criminal incidents
- Reporting safety and security hazards
Patrols are designed to allow for greater interaction between officers and students, faculty, staff and visitors, which keeps with the department's community-oriented policing focus.