The Department of Pathology at Saint Louis University School of Medicine has provided state-of-the-art renal biopsy service to the nephrology community and patients with renal disease for more than 30 years.
Renal Pathology Service Features
- Expertise in adult and pediatric renal diseases, native and allograft biopsies
- Rapid turnaround times
Normal Service - 24 hours or less for light and IF microscopy, 48 hours for EM
Emergency Service (upon consultation with pathologist) - weeknights, weekends and holidays
Rush Service - Five hours from receipt of specimen
- Light Microscopy: H&E, Jones' Silver Methenamine Stain, Masson's Trichrome Stain, Periodic Acid-Schiff
- Immunofluorescence Studies: IgG, IgA, IgM, C3, C1Q, Albumin, Fibrinogen, Light Chains (Kappa and Lambda), C4d
- Electron Microscopy
- Discussion and review of slides with referring nephrologist
- Images and report available online
- Competitive fee schedule
Address for Deliveries
Saint Louis University School of Medicine
1402 S. Grand Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63104
Please call the laboratory to make arrangements for weekend or after-hours biopsy delivery.
Requisition FormRenal Biopsy Requisition
Reports are available online, faxed to the doctor's office and are called to the physician, if requested. Our professional staff is available for consultation for patient management questions and interpretation of results.
The renal biopsy referral service maintains a competitive fee structure. For specific charges, please call Marcia Weis at (314) 577-8475.
For More Information
For questions or information regarding services, contact David Brink, M.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 268-4043.