- Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction
Becoming Tutors and Supplemental Instruction Leaders
The tutor and Supplemental Instruction leader positions are a wonderful leadership opportunity for undergraduate students. The Student Success Center is now accepting applications! The application is currently available on SLU Groups and will be open through March 6, 2016.
If selected, interviews will take place on Saturday, March 19. For more information about the application, faculty recommendation form, and interview day, visit the Student Success Center website.To nominate a student who might make a great tutor or SI leader, click here. Once nominated, students will be sent information regarding the recruitment process and will be encouraged to apply.With specific questions related to the recruitment process, contact Matt Sullivan, academic support coordinator, at email@example.com.
What are the benefits of becoming a tutor or SI leader?
- Gain valuable, professional experiences!
- Continue to develop your understanding of important subject material while helping your peers.
- Give back to the SLU community.
- Balance your academics through convenient, on-campus employment. (Tutors are hired for both Frost and Medical Center campuses)
What are the requirements of becoming a tutor or SI leader?
- Have (at least) a 3.0 in the subject area(s) to be tutored and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Faculty Recommendation.
- Attend training on Saturday, August 20, 2016 (from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.).
- Participate in In-Service trainings or projects (2 per semester).
- Act as an academic role model.
- Encourage and support your peers!
Preference for SI and tutor positions will be given to undergraduate students who have taken at least one semester of classes at Saint Louis University. We typically do not hire graduate students.
Check out the full job descriptions: