- Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction
Becoming Tutors and Supplemental Instruction Leaders
The tutor and Supplemental Instruction leader positions are a wonderful leadership opportunity for undergraduate students. For the 2014-15 academic year, the positions are currently filled.
The recruitment process will begin in January 2015. The application is available through SLU Groups between Tuesday, January 20 through Friday, March 6, 2015.
What are the benefits of becoming a tutor or SI leader?
- Gain valuable, professional experiences!
- Continue to develop your understanding of important subject material while helping your peers.
- Give back to the SLU community.
- Balance your academics through convenient, on-campus employment. (Tutors are hired for both Frost and Medical Center campuses)
What are the requirements of becoming a tutor or SI leader?
- Have (at least) a 3.0 in the subject area(s) to be tutored and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Faculty Recommendation.
- Attend training on Saturday, August 22, 2015 (from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.).
- Participate in In-Service trainings or projects (2 per semester).
- Act as an academic role model.
- Encourage and support your peers!
Preference for SI and tutor positions will be given to undergraduate students who have taken at least one semester of classes at Saint Louis University. We typically do not hire graduate students.
If you have any questions, please visit our information booths:
|1/20/2015||Tuesday||4-6pm||Center for Global Citizenship Atrium|
|1/21/2015||Wednesday||11am-2pm||Busch Student Center (Ritter entrance)|
|1/27/2015||Tuesday||11am-1pm||Commuter's Lounge (Busch Student Center 2nd floor)|
|2/4/2015||Wednesday||1-4pm||Commuter's Lounge (Busch Student Center 2nd floor)|
|2/10/2015||Tuesday||11am-2pm||Busch Student Center (Ritter entrance)|
|2/19/2015||Thursday||4-6pm||Center for Global Citizenship Atrium|
Check out the full job descriptions: