- Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction
Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction Services is located within the Student Success Center. If you have any questions or are unsure about the services to recommend, please contact Kelly Herbolich, Program Director of Academic Support, at email@example.com or (314)977-2649.
General Tutoring Information:
- Student Success Center tutoring courses
- Tutoring Locations and Hours
- SI Session and times (no appointment necessary!)
- How to create a one-on-one tutoring appointment
Communicating about Tutoring & SI to Students:
The following are flyers and handouts that can be provided to students to further assist them while they seek academic support resources.
- Tutoring 101: General Flyer
- Tutoring 101: What is Tutoring?
- Tutoring 101: Need Help?
- Tutoring 101: Preparing for Sessions
- Tutoring 101: Misconceptions
- Tutoring 101: Now What?
Information on Study Skills:
Tutors and Supplemental Instruction (SI) leaders assist students with developing study skills for specific courses. Tutors participate in a yearly training, which includes information on study skills, cognitive development, adult-learning theory, and communication styles.
If you or a student has concerns about study skills, please refer them to Academic Coaching. You may also contact Kelly Herbolich, Program Director of Academic Support, to provide further outreach to the student.
Depending on the students' classes, writing services is also a great resource to discuss the writing process, which often includes creating timelines by which to complete assignments.
Some additional resources:
- Academic Supports Online Study Skills Workshops & Resources
- SLU Math Department website
- Study Guides and Strategies