Seeking University 101 Primary Instructors
The Student Success Center is seeking faculty and staff members to serve as primary instructors for the University 101 course. For the fall 2016, 55 sections of the one-credit hour seminar will be offered, which provides a capacity to reach nearly 1200 incoming freshmen students.
The minimum requirements of this position are that you are a full-time, exempt employee with a master's degree or higher.
The expectations of instructing this 1-credit, extended orientation course include:
- Attending the 1 hour 15 minute class on a weekly basis for 14 weeks throughout the fall 2016 semester.
- Meeting with the peer instructor for 30-60 minutes a week to plan and prepare for the course. (The peer instructors are upper-class students who were selected based upon their motivation, excitement, and leadership potential)
- Willingness to support the peer instructor, who is expected to instruct 4 or more of the class sessions
- Attend training for new instructors from 2:00-5:00 on Friday, April 15 in Dubourg room 404.
- Excitement to work with incoming freshmen students!
Click here for the full position description, including information about compensation.
Click here for the application. Please submit application maters either electronically or in hard-copy to the Busch Student Center suite 356, by Friday, March 25, 2016.
If you have questions or would like to schedule time to discuss the position, please email Kelly Herbolich, Program Director of Academic Support in the Student Success Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org.