- University Writing Services
University Writing Services: Serving SLU Writers Online
Current wait time: 3 business days excluding weekends and University holidays
Online writing consultations are available to limited student populations:
- SLU athletes who are on the road
- The School of Professional Studies graduate and undergraduate students
- Undergraduate and Graduate students in online programs
- Students away from the St. Louis Campus
- Contact Alex Wulff, the Director of University Writing Services, at email@example.com if you are not in a listed group and believe you should have access.
How does it work?
1) Complete the submission form. (Before you submit your work, be sure the current wait time listed above fits your timeline for finishing the project.)
2) Send your paper via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please save your file in doc or docx format if possible and attach an assignment sheet or description.
An online writing consultant will email your work back to you with comments and a brief note. Please make sure that you download the updated document to your computer as you may not see marginal comments in the "view" function of many internet browsers.
If you want additional feedback after an initial draft, you will need to repeat steps 1 and 2. Each submission requires a new submission form and a new email to email@example.com.
We now offer the option of scheduling a Google Hangout, in order to video conference with your consultant. This video conference will take place after you get written feedback. You can chose this option (and provide possible times for the video conference) using our submission form.
Our online comments are meant to act as a guide in the revision process. It is always helpful if you give us as much information as possible about your assignment and your writing goals. Please attach your assignment sheet if possible. If you ask us questions we will do our best to give you answers. Good writing requires good readers and we will act as an expert audience. Consultants put our primary comments into the body of an email, but they comment on your paper throughout the margins. Since we respect your ownership of your writing and your ideas, we do not proofread papers. Instead, we offer suggestions for revision and help you see patterns and choices you are making in your writing. .
Ready for an online consultation? Send us your draft at firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out our submission form!
Hours and Locations
We are open seven days a week in BSC 331, BSC 354, SON 114, and PIUS 320.
Creating Online Appointments
For traveling athletes, students in on-line programs, and students away from campus
University Writing Services Employment
Take English 4930 in the Spring, or Honors 482 to become a Writing Consultant.
University Writing Services Meet the Staff
A way to meet the Staff of University Writing Services
General online resources for writing and specific resources for Graduate and Undergraduate students.
We offer individualized consultations for your writing! Stop by or click to read on!
Click to make an in-person appointment at one of our four locations using SLU Appointments.
Services for Instructors
We visit your classes and more! Workshops! Orientations! Writing Groups!