Saint Louis University's 2016 Commencement Ceremony will be held at 9:00 a.m., Saturday, May 14, at Chaifetz Arena, located at 1 S. Compton Ave. Pre-commencement ceremonies specific to your academic program are held the Thursday and Friday preceding commencement. (Click here for the full pre-commencement schedule.)
Baccalaureate Mass: Each May, Saint Louis University celebrates a Baccalaureate Mass in honor of graduates. This year's event will be held at 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 11, at St. Francis Xavier College Church.
President's Toast to the Class of 2016 Reception: This event for all graduates will be held in the Quad immediately following the Baccalaureate Mass on Wednesday, May 11. In the case of inclement weather, the event will move to the Busch Student Center Wool Ballroom. More details to come.
- Students' individual names will be announced at the pre-commencement ceremonies. Students will be conferred as graduates at the spring commencement ceremony, but will not be individually recognized.
- No tickets are required for SLU's spring Commencement Ceremony.
- All graduates should arrive at Chaifetz Arena for the spring Commencement Ceremony no later than 8 a.m. Graduates MUST robe at Chaifetz Arena. (Learn how to order your cap and gown.) The commencement ceremony lasts approximately an hour-and-a-half.
- Chaifetz Arena is handicapped accessible. A drop-off area for guests is located on Compton Avenue. Click here for parking information.
- Diplomas will be mailed to graduates at their permanent address or an address provided to the SLU Registrar. Diplomas will not be available for pickup after the commencement ceremony. For more information, please call 314.977.2269.
- Pre-commencement and commencement ceremonies on DVD are available for purchase through Chaifetz Arena. For more information, please click here.
- For all other commencement-related questions, please call Events at 314-977-6338.