The McNamee Gallery is named for Maurice B. McNamee, S.J., 1909-2007, who pioneered the study of Studio Art and Art History at Jesuit universities and who single-handedly preserved and restored the Cupples House. (Learn more about Father McNamee and his efforts to save Cupples House.)The McNamee Gallery, accessible directly from West Pine Mall, is the teaching gallery for Saint Louis University's Studio Art program in the Department of Fine and Performing Arts. SLU offers courses in ceramics, sculpture, graphic design, printmaking, painting, drawing, metalsmithing, fibers, photography and computer art.
The McNamee gallery supports the Studio Art curriculum by exhibiting artwork by students and faculty, as well as visiting artists. Students are involved in the conception, organization, and installation of exhibits, publicity and gallery events.
For additional information contact:
Department of Fine and Performing Arts
Saint Louis University