- Alumni & Supporters
Hospitality Industry Advisory Board at Saint Louis University
The Hospitality Management Industry Advisory Board is an external consultative committee composed of leaders from across the various segments of the industry. The Board assists the Hospitality Management program with academic direction and relationship building with other organizations. The goals of the Advisory Board are to:
- Enhance School visibility and serve as ambassadors for the University, School for Professional Studies and the Hospitality Management program.
- Identify student experiential learning opportunities, such as internships, co-operative programs, mentorships and course projects
- Identify new and important trends in the hospitality industry and their possible impacts on education, research and University service.
- Provide input about career opportunities and industry expectations for our students.
- Provide input/feedback on program-level initiatives and short and long-term planning.
If you have any questions about the Board, or have fresh ideas that may assist the Board in its mission, please contact Katie Devany, Program Coordinator, Hospitality Management at 314-977-3207.
Individuals and employers serving on the Board include:
- Mr. Jeff Babinski, Vice President and General Manager, Lumiere Place Casino and Hotels
- Mr. Steven Becker, Owner, Steven Becker Fine Dining
- Mr. John W. Bettag, VP of Sales, St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission
- Mr. Troika Brodsky, Communications Director, Schlafly Beer
- Mr. Joe Clote, Publisher, Missouri Meetings & Events
- Ms. Barbara Dunn, Attorney and Partner, Barnes and Thornburg LLP
- Mr. Kurt Furlong, Executive Vice President, Midas Hospitality
- Ms. Julie Greenspoon, Founder and President, Destination St. Louis Inc.
- Mr. Vito La Fata, Owner, Vito's Sicilian Pizzeria and Ristorante
- Mr. David Peckinpaugh, President, Maritz Travel
- Mr. Roy Reichold, Vice President, USI Midwest, Inc.
- Ms. Pat Schaumann, Director, Meeting Professionals International
- Mr. David Schenberg, Co-Founder, BusyEvent Mobile
- Ms. Martha Uhlhorn, Owner and President, Gourmet to Go and La Bonne Bouchee