Fall Term Begins August 15 - Register Today!
Students are encouraged to register themselves online through Banner Self-Service. The academic plan provided by your advisor can be used as a reference for required courses.
The easiest way to register through Banner is by viewing the schedule and selecting the CRN number on the left hand-side of each course. When you log in, click on the "Student" tab and select "Registration." Then choose "Add or Drop Classes" and select the semester in which you would like to register. From there you can input the CRN numbers you have selected and click on "Submit Changes."
Your student schedule will be displayed under “Registration” as well. Make sure you review your schedule to ensure that the correct courses have been selected.
Professor Receives Research Grant
Banner Self Service Instructions:
1. Under Student: Select Student Records then Apply to Graduate.
2. Curriculum Term Selection: This page is used to select your most current program before selecting the graduation term (see 4. below). Select Submit and you should see your program of study to review. (You may need to drop down to select the most current term.)
3. Curriculum Selection: After confirming the accuracy of your program of study, select it and Continue.
NOTE: If inaccurate, immediately contact your advisor or department before continuing.
If you do not meet the criteria to apply online for graduation, or you have already applied, this message will appear: No curricula available for graduation application.
If you think you are eligible, and have not already applied, please contact your advisor or department.
4. Graduation Date Selection: Select the term you expect all your requirements to be completed and your degree awarded.
5. Diploma Name Selection: You will be able to edit once selected. Please enter your name exactly how it should be printed on your diploma, including any special characters and periods after initials.
NOTE: If you choose a variation of your official Banner name, then the name on your diploma will not match the name on your transcript, unless you change your Banner name with the Office of the University Registrar.
6. Diploma Mailing Address: You will be able to edit once selected.
7. Graduation Application Summary: Please review for accuracy before selecting Submit.
8. After you submit, print out the confirmation web page for your records.
You can view your application at any time by selecting “View Graduation Applications” at the bottom of the confirmation page or “Return to Menu” to apply for a secondary curriculum, if applicable.
You can view the status of your application on your Self Service Banner Academic Transcript.
Applied to Graduate: Application successful and being reviewed by your dean’s office.
Pending Review: Graduation requirements being reviewed.
NOTE: If you need to change your diploma address or name after your application has been submitted, please send an email from your SLU account to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your Banner ID.
NOTE: You will not be able to receive your diploma until all outstanding financial obligations are satisfied.
To resolve financial holds please contact Student Financial Services: email@example.com / (314) 977-2350.
If you have any difficulty or have feedback you would like to share, please contact Kathleen Yepez,
Associate Registrar, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (314) 977-3198.
Financial Aid Corner
Financial aid awards are able for review on their MYSLU account for 16-17 school year. Please check to make sure that you have completed all the financial aid requirements. If you are you taking a loan, students might require you to complete the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling. To complete this please follow these instructions:
Career Services Corner
Handshake, the internship and jobs database for students and alumni, can be accessed through mySLU or https://slu.joinhandshake.com. Within Handshake are Interview Stream and SLUvisors, helpful tools for students and alumni.
Career and Graduate School fairs, events, career counseling, resume/cover letter reviews and job/internship assistance are available. Please contact Career Services today!
SPS South Campus Advising
Save the Date for the SPS Trivia Night on November 4, 2016
Please contact Lisa Masters, SPS Development Officer, at (314) 977-3938 or email@example.com if you would like to help or contribute.
More information to come...
Contribute to the SPS e.advisor
Save These Dates
Know someone who would enjoy the e.advisor? Share this email with them!
You can connect with SLU SPS students and alumni via our social networking pages on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and YouTube.