- Employer Education Opportunities
B.S. in Nursing - RN to BSN Program
The RN to BSN program is designed to meet the needs of RNs who wish to complete the Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
This is a partnership program is taught in both an online and on-ground cohort format, so RN students will be taking these courses with fellow nurses.
The nursing degree programs at SLU are offered in collaboration between the School for Professional Studies and the School of Nursing.
Unique features of this online RN to BSN program include:
- No required testing to validate previous nursing degree program education.
- Direct transfer of 38 credit hours of previous nursing education from qualified diploma or associate nursing degree program courses may be awarded and applied towards the 57 nursing credit hours required for the BSN.
- Easy transfer of previous college-level general education credit hours. Up to 64 credit hours may be awarded and applied toward the Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing program.
- A maximum of 9 semester hours of course work from an accredited bachelor's degree program in nursing may be accepted as baccalaureate-level nursing credit.
- No clinical nursing courses required.
Our Partnership for Nursing Degree Programs
A student will need to apply and be admitted to the School for Professional Studies in accordance with SPS guidelines. To apply, complete the free Application for Admission. Students should select their employer from the dropdown list on the application when providing log-in information to access the application.
Students will then take up to 54 credit hours (depending on transfer credits) of SPS pre-nursing core courses. After SPS pre-nursing core courses are completed, the student will then be transferred to the School of Nursing as a RN to BSN program major. After being transferred, the student will complete the remaining nursing major courses and elective courses to obtain their BSN degree through the School of Nursing.
If you are an employer that is interested in partnering with SLU to offer this program at your workplace, please contact us today at 314-977-7411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curriculum Overview for RN to BSN Program
Current employers that offer this program include but are not limited to:
If you're interested in learning more about this program, please contact:
Director of Partnership Programs
Saint Louis University
School for Professional Studies