B.S. in Nursing - RN to BSN Program at BJC
The RN to BSN program is designed to meet the needs of RNs who wish to complete the Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
This SLU/BJC partnership program is taught in both an online and on-ground cohort format, so students will be taking these courses with other BJC employees.
The nursing degree programs at SLU are offered in partnership between the School for Professional Studies and the School of Nursing.
Unique features of this online RN to BSN program include:
- No required testing to validate previous nursing degree program education.
- Direct transfer of 38 credit hours of previous nursing education from qualified diploma or associate nursing degree program courses may be awarded and applied towards the 57 nursing credit hours required for the BSN.
- Easy transfer of previous college-level general education credit hours. Up to 64 credit hours may be awarded and applied toward the Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing program.
- A maximum of 9 semester hours of course work from an accredited bachelor's degree program in nursing may be accepted as baccalaureate-level nursing credit.
- No clinical nursing courses required.
Our Partnership for Nursing Degree Programs
A student will need to apply and be admitted to the School for Professional Studies in accordance with SPS guidelines. To apply, complete the free Application for Admission. Select the BJC Application when providing log-in information to access the application.
Students will then take up to 54 credit hours (depending on transfer credits) of SPS pre-nursing core courses. After SPS pre-nursing core courses are completed, the student will then be transferred to the School of Nursing as a RN to BSN program major. After being transferred, the student will complete the remaining nursing major courses and elective courses to obtain their BSN degree through the School of Nursing.
Curriculum Overview for RN to BSN Program