- Majors & Programs
- Bachelor's Degree Programs
- Minor & Certificate Programs
- Master's Degree Programs
- Accelerated Bachelor's to Master's Programs
Pathway to the MBA
Prepare now for a later MBA
After completing your bachelor's degree with SPS, you could be only 11 courses away from your SLU MBA! The Pathway to the MBA is a series of courses that helps prepare you for an MBA. It's not a major, minor or certificate and can be taken with any SPS major as you pursue your bachelor's degree.
If qualified, you will take five courses (15 credits) through SPS as part of the Pathway to the MBA. You will then need to apply and be accepted into the MBA program and complete the 11 courses (33 credits) remaining, instead of 16 (48 credits), for your SLU MBA. This accelerated option can save you both time and money.
Pathway to the MBA overview
- Students must apply and be accepted into both the School for Professional Studies and the part-time, evening MBA program through the John Cook School of Business.
- Once admitted to SPS, students must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the major, minor and MBA coursework in order to register for the graduate-level courses. No course is accepted toward the MBA if the student receives a letter grade below "B".
- During their senior year at SPS, students will take the GMAT and apply for admission to the part-time, evening MBA program.
- Students who are admitted and complete the Pathway courses successfully as required will then have only 11 courses (33 credits) remaining to complete their SLU MBA. The 11 remaining courses include the breadth and required courses/electives that are listed here.
Courses for Pathway to the MBA