Alternative Certification for Teachers
The Renaissance Alternative Educator Preparation Program
Our alternative teacher certification programs are designed for people who have a Bachelor's degree and a full-time teaching contract from a Missouri public school or an accredited nonpublic school. To enroll in one of these programs, your full-time teaching contract must be in the certification area you are pursuing.
If you're ready to learn from experienced instructors who know what it takes to connect with today's students, consider choosing Saint Louis University for our alternative teacher certification programs.
Areas of Alternative Certification include:
- Elementary Education (grades 1-6)
- Middle School Language Arts (grades 5-9)
- Middle School Mathematics (grades 5-9)
- Middle School Science (grades 5-9)
- Middle School Social Science (grades 5-9)
- Secondary Language Arts (grades 9-12)
- Secondary Mathematics (grades 9-12)
- Secondary Social Science (grades 9-12)
- Special Education (grades K-12, mild-moderate disabilities)
This innovative Teacher Certification Program, with accelerated online, evening and weekend classes, meets all the requirements of, and has been approved by, the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (MODESE). Successful completion of all program requirements prepares you to earn your Missouri teaching certificate.
|Register today for an upcoming online Information Fair to learn more about our programs.||If you'd like more information about the best and most flexible adult degree completion programs in St. Louis, fill out our information request form to contact our dedicated admissions office.||New terms begin every few weeks. If you're ready to get started, apply now and you'll be on your way.|
|Connect with SLU SPS!|