- Majors & Programs
- Bachelor's Degree Programs
- Core Curriculum
- B.S. in Security and Strategic Intelligence
- B.A. in Education / Teacher Certification Programs
- B.A. in Education
- Teacher Certification
- Alternative Certification
- Alternative Certification: Elementary Education
- Alternative Certification: Middle School & Secondary Education
- Alternative Certification: Special Education
- Renaissance Programs Overview
- Teacher Certification Program Requirements
- Education / Teacher Certification Careers
- B.A. in General Studies
- B.A. in Organizational Studies
- B.S. in Aeronautics, Aviation Management
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems
- B.S. in Nursing - RN to BSN
- B.S. in Organizational Leadership and Technology
- B.S. in Social Work
- Contract Degree Option
- Minor & Certificate Programs
- Master's Degree Programs
- Accelerated Bachelor's to Master's Programs
Alternative Certification: Special Education (grades K-12, mild-moderate disabilities)
The Renaissance Alternative Educator Preparation Program
The Alternative Certification for Special Education option is for students who have a bachelor's degree and a full-time teaching contract with a Missouri public school or an accredited nonpublic school. The full-time teaching contract must be in the area of special education.
If you do not have a bachelor's degree, please see our B.A. in Special Education. If you have a bachelor's degree but not a full-time teaching contract with a Missouri public school or an accredited nonpublic school, please see our Teacher Certification for Special Education.
Students seeking this option can complete their Missouri teacher certification with 37 credit hours or less depending on transfer credits and prerequisites needed. An individual plan will be created for each student upon admission into the program.
Admission and program exit requirements for special education certification are listed in the Alternative Certification section of the Teacher Certification Program Requirements page.
|Register today for an upcoming online Information Fair to learn more about our programs.||If you'd like more information about the best and most flexible adult degree completion programs in St. Louis, fill out our information request form to contact our dedicated admissions office.||New terms begin every few weeks. If you're ready to get started, apply now and you'll be on your way.|
|Connect with SLU SPS!|