- Majors & Programs
- Bachelor's Degree Programs
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems
- B.A. in Criminal Justice & Security Management
- B.A. in Education / Teacher Certification Programs
- B.A. in Education
- Teacher Certification
- Alternative Certification
- Renaissance Programs Overview
- Teacher Certification Program Requirements
- Education / Teacher Certification Careers
- B.A. in General Studies
- B.A. in Organizational Studies
- B.S. in Aeronautics, Aviation Management
- B.S. in Computer Science Technology
- B.S. in Nursing - RN to BSN
- B.S. in Organizational Leadership & Technology
- B.S. in Social Work
- Contract Degree Option
- Core Curriculum
- Minor & Certificate Programs
- Master's Degree Programs
- Accelerated Bachelor's to Master's Programs
Careers in Education
Stay ahead of the curve with a teaching certificate
With a Bachelor degree in Education, you can be prepared for today's growing need for qualified teachers at the elementary, middle school, secondary (ALT Cert only) and special education levels.
Our programs combine a strong liberal arts foundation and instructional methodology. Through accelerated online, weekend and evening classes, you can earn a quality education that prepares you to earn your Missouri teaching certificate. At Saint Louis University School for Professional Studies, we understand the needs of busy students and do all we can to provide the support and assistance you require.
Specialize in one of our teaching certificate programs
Whether you want to pursue a Bachelor's degree, teacher certification or alternative certification, we have an option for you. With Saint Louis University, you can explore a variety of careers in education.
Earn your teaching certificate one of three ways:
- Option 1 - B.A. in Education (120 credit hours):This option prepares students without a Bachelor's degree to earn their Missouri teaching certificate
- Option 2 - Teacher Certification Program (72-78 credits):This option helps students who already have a Bachelor's degree but do not have a full-time teaching contract from a Missouri public school or an accredited nonpublic school become eligible for certification
- Option 3 - Alternative Teacher Certification Program (32-39 credits):This option is designed for students who want to earn their Missouri teaching certificate and already have both a Bachelor's degree and a full-time teaching contract from a Missouri public school or an accredited nonpublic school
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, K-12 teaching careers are expected to grow 13% through 2018.
The salaries within this field are broad, so, depending on your experience and location, they can range from $47, 100 to $51, 180. The people who are most in demand in this field are the ones who took the time to train for the right skills.
If you're looking for quality teacher certification programs that can help you pursue careers in education, contact us today.
|Register today for an upcoming online Information Fair to learn more about our programs.||If you'd like more information about the best and most flexible adult degree completion programs in St. Louis, fill out our information request form to contact our dedicated admissions office.||New terms begin every few weeks. If you're ready to get started, apply now and you'll be on your way.|
|Connect with SLU SPS!|