- Majors & Programs
- Bachelor's Degree Programs
- Core Curriculum
- B.A. in Criminal Justice and Security Management
- B.A. in Education / Teacher Certification Programs
- B.A. in Education
- Teacher Certification
- Teacher Certification: Elementary Education
- Teacher Certification: Middle School Education
- Teacher Certification: Special Education
- Alternative Certification
- Renaissance Programs Overview
- Teacher Certification Program Requirements
- Education / Teacher Certification Careers
- B.A. in General Studies
- B.A. in Organizational Studies
- B.S. in Aeronautics, Aviation Management
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems
- B.S. in Nursing - RN to BSN
- B.S. in Organizational Leadership and Technology
- B.S. in Social Work
- Contract Degree Option
- Minor & Certificate Programs
- Master's Degree Programs
- Accelerated Bachelor's to Master's Programs
Teacher Certification: Middle School Education (grades 5-9)
Missouri Teacher Certification
Complete your middle school education certification at Saint Louis University School for Professional Studies. Our programs are designed especially for busy adults.
The Renaissance Program in Education
The Teacher Certification for Middle School Education option is for students who have a bachelor's degree and would like to obtain Missouri teacher certification in middle school education (grades 5-9). Options of emphasis include Language Arts, Science and Social Science.
If you do not have a bachelor's degree, please see our B.A. in Middle School Education.If you have a bachelor's degree and a full-time teaching contract from a Missouri public school or an accredited nonpublic school, please see our Alternative Certification in Middle School and Secondary Education.
Students seeking this option can complete their Missouri teacher certification with 71 credit hours or less depending on transfer credits and prerequisites needed. An individual plan will be created for each student upon admission into the program.
Admission and program exit requirements for middle school education certification are listed in the Teacher Certification section of the Teacher Certification Program Requirements page.
|Register today for an upcoming online Information Fair to learn more about our programs.||If you'd like more information about the best and most flexible adult degree completion programs in St. Louis, fill out our information request form to contact our dedicated admissions office.||New terms begin every few weeks. If you're ready to get started, apply now and you'll be on your way.|
|Connect with SLU SPS!|