- Majors & Programs
- Bachelor's Degree Programs
- Core Curriculum
- B.S. in Security and Strategic Intelligence
- B.A. in Education / Teacher Certification Programs
- B.A. in Education
- Teacher Certification
- Teacher Certification: Elementary Education
- Teacher Certification: Middle School Education
- Teacher Certification: Special Education
- Alternative Certification
- Renaissance Programs Overview
- Teacher Certification Program Requirements
- Education / Teacher Certification Careers
- B.A. in General Studies
- B.A. in Organizational Studies
- B.S. in Aviation Management
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems
- B.S. in Nursing - RN to BSN
- B.S. in Organizational Leadership and Technology
- B.S. in Social Work
- Contract Degree Option
- Minor & Certificate Programs
- Master's Degree Programs
- Accelerated Bachelor's to Master's Programs
Teacher Certification: Special Education (grades K-12, mild-moderate disabilities)
Missouri Teacher Certification
Saint Louis University School for Professional Studies' special education programs, for grades K-12, is especially designed to focus on students with mild to moderate disabilities.
The Renaissance Program in Education
The Teacher Certification for Special Education option is for students who have a bachelor's degree and would like to obtain Missouri teacher certification in special education (grades K-12, mild-moderate disabilities).
If you do not have a bachelor's degree, please see our B.A. in Special Education. If you have a bachelor's degree and a full-time teaching contract from a Missouri public school or an accredited nonpublic school, please see our Alternative Certification in Special Education.
Students seeking this option can complete their Missouri teacher certification with 71 credit hours or less depending on transfer credits and prerequisites needed. An individual plan will be created for each student upon admission into the program.
Admission and program exit requirements for special education certification are listed in the Teacher Certification section of the Teacher Certification Program Requirements page.
|Register today for an upcoming online Information Fair to learn more about our programs.||If you'd like more information about the best and most flexible adult degree completion programs in St. Louis, fill out our information request form to contact our dedicated admissions office.||New terms begin every few weeks. If you're ready to get started, apply now and you'll be on your way.|
|Connect with SLU SPS!|