Master's in Leadership & Organizational Development
Management Training Program
SLU for busy adults can help you enhance your leadership skills through our Master's degree program.
A bachelor's degree no longer sets you apart. In today's competitive job market, not only do you need the right knowledge and experience, but also an advanced degree that distinguishes you from others. In particular, our Leadership & Organizational Development training program provides the skills necessary to effectively lead people in an ever-changing work environment. If you're looking for leadership development programs in St. Louis, SLU can help.
It plays a significant role in the success of an organization - at every level.
- Executive leaders require the skills necessary to develop an organization's strategy and then cultivate commitment to that strategy.
- Managers and supervisors require the skills necessary to develop the talent of their people.
- Individual employees require the skills necessary to inspire others around them.
Obtaining a Master’s in Leadership and Organizational Development is an important step in both advancing professional development and enhancing career opportunities and satisfaction.
M.A. in Leadership & Organizational Development
The Leadership and Organizational Development (LOD) master's degree is a 36-hour program designed for working professionals wishing to pursue a professional master's degree while maintaining part- or full-time employment. With courses offered in an online format with optional blended discussion meetings in an accelerated 8-week term, these leadership development courses makes advanced education more accessible for working professionals.
This online program develops 12 competencies through project-based learning in the areas of leadership and organizational development, with specific emphases at the personal, interpersonal/group, and organizational levels.
At the Personal level, students within this online program at Saint Louis University will be able to:
- Make sound, ethical decisions;
- Effectively leverage their current leadership competencies and manage their future leadership development;
- Apply innovation and creativity to leadership situations; and
- Engage in evidence-based decision making.
At the Interpersonal/Group level, students will be able to:
- Provide coaching and mentoring to assist in employee development;
- Effectively facilitate group and interpersonal interactions; and
- Create and sustain a culture that promotes collaborative learning and performance across a diverse work environment.
At the Organizational level, students will be able to:
- Effectively engage in strategic visioning, with an emphasis on future-focused leadership;
- Apply a systems thinking framework in work settings;
- Implement projects in a way that integrates project management logistical needs with interpersonal leadership needs;
- Lead change initiative efforts in an organization; and
- Apply the consultation skills necessary to develop high-impact, results-focused initiatives.
Project-Based Indicators of Success
At the end of the LOD program, students will produce a variety of artifacts that document both their success and their commitment to future development and lifelong learning.
- Assessment of Leadership Competencies. During the program, students gain knowledge, skills, and abilities that make them effective leaders. To evaluate their educational experience, students reflect on their own personal and professional development in the 12 competency areas.
- Leadership Development Plan. Students develop their own personal leadership development plan that includes a formal leadership philosophy, specific strengths and developmental opportunities identified by the student, and clear action plans for future development.
- Action Research Project. A capstone experience requires that students plan and execute an action research project within their organization. This allows students to demonstrate program competencies while completing a project that adds value to their organization.
Through the leadership courses that our Leadership & Organizational Development Master's Degree provides, you will develop a portable set of knowledge and skills that aren't about how to perform your job, but are about how to be a leader as it applies to your current job, your future job and all areas of your life.
For more information about our online leadership development programs in St. Louis, fill out the form on this page.
To learn more about how this program teaches you to think and act using an Organizational Development (OD) perspective, and what exactly an OD perspective is, visit Dr. Matt Grawitch's blog on "Why Leadership & Organizational Development?"
If you haven't completed your bachelor's degree, check out the Leadership & Organizational Development bridge program.
|Register today for an upcoming online Information Fair to learn more about our programs.||If you'd like more information about the best and most flexible adult degree completion programs in St. Louis, fill out our information request form to contact our dedicated admissions office.||New terms begin every few weeks. If you're ready to get started, apply now and you'll be on your way.|
|Connect with SLU SPS!|