- Majors & Programs
M.A. in Leadership & Organizational Development
Leadership & Organizational Development Master’s Degree Online from Saint Louis University
Do you have what it takes to lead in today's ever-changing work environment? Effective leadership doesn't always translate from one situation to the next; you need to equip yourself with the right tools to tackle today's challenges. To lead in a world of technological change, globalization, competition and social responsibility, organizations need professionals who:
- Work effectively as a self-aware, reflective change leader
- Understand organization dynamics and how to improve effectiveness
- Use sound leadership and organizational development practices to lead an organization to success
Through the leadership courses of SLU's Online Leadership & Organizational Development Master's Degree, you will develop a portable set of knowledge and skills that aren't about how to perform your job, but are about how to be a leader in your current job, your future job and all areas of your life.
Saint Louis University's Master's Degree Online in Leadership & Organizational Development takes an organizational development approach to leadership that relies on systems thinking, behavioral science, and applied analytics. Upon graduating from the program, you will be ready to navigate complex organizational systems and apply research to develop yourself, your employees, and your organizations.
SLU was recently ranked #1 of the 20 Best Online Master of Organizational Leadership Degree Programs by thebestschools.org.
Develop your Leadership Skills
SLU's M.A. in Leadership & Organizational Development provides you with skills in assessing organizations' performance, structure, and development while extending your range of professional ethics and leadership skills, through courses such as:
- Leading Organizational Change
- Team Leadership
- Applied Analytics
- Applied Research Methods
- Future-Focused Leadership
- Leading a Healthy Organization
M.A. in Leadership & Organizational Development
The Leadership and Organizational Development (LOD) master's degree is a 36-hour program designed for working professionals wishing to pursue a professional master's degree while maintaining part- or full-time employment. The program can be completed in 2.5 years taking one course at a time, straight through the program. With courses offered in an online format in an accelerated 8-week term, these leadership development courses makes advanced education more accessible for working professionals.
Learning Outcomes of Leadership & Organizational Development
- Coaching and mentoring to assist in employee development
- Strategic visioning, with an emphasis on future-focused leadership
- Evidence-based decision making
- Leverage current leadership competencies and manage future leadership development
- Integrate project management logistical needs with interpersonal leadership needs
- Lead change initiative efforts in an organization
Learning Modalities of Leadership & Organizational Development
- Entirely online curriculum of 36 credit hours of which 6 hours consist of the design and implementation of an action research capstone project in a business/organizational setting, to emphasize the applied, real-word nature of the capstone course
- Each course involves completion of weekly assignments and term projects, weekly online interactive sessions with the instructor, recorded video lectures, and discussion forums moderated by the instructor.
Leadership plays a significant role in the success of an organization - at every level. Obtaining a Master’s in Leadership and Organizational Development is an important step in both advancing professional development and enhancing career opportunities and satisfaction.
To learn more about how this program teaches you to think and act using an Organizational Development (OD) perspective, and what exactly an OD perspective is, visit Dr. Matt Grawitch's blog on "Why Leadership & Organizational Development?"
If you haven't completed your bachelor's degree, check out the Leadership & Organizational Development bridge program.
To learn more about the program, request information today or give us a call at 1-800-734-6736.
New Graduate Scholarship Available!
Current students in the LOD program may be eligible for new scholarships ranging from $500 to $1,000 to promote graduate student success. To be considered, applicants must have completed 6 credit hours within their respective graduate program, possess at least a 3.0 GPA, and have less than 50% of their tuition costs covered by their employer. Applicants will also be required to submit a 500-word essay responding to the question: "How do you plan to utilize your graduate education to further yourself personally and professionally and give back to the community?"
If you qualify, submit the online scholarship application by September 10, 2015.
Please contact Dr. Steve Winton if you have any questions.
Courses for M.A. in Leadership & Organizational Development