Applied Analytics Courses
Curriculum Overview for Applied Analytics Master's Degree
Computer technologies have revolutionized society and created industries that are vital to the world's economy, stability, and to human life. As a result of this growth and development, organizations are now presented with new opportunities for using IT to achieve their strategic objectives. Organizations and business enterprises in different fields and of different sizes now have access to technologies that aid in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of large amounts of data coming from all aspects of their operations, for their customers, partners, and various other stakeholders. The curriculum of the M.S. Applied Analytics program at SLU has been designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills that are crucial for participating in the new field of Analytics, where the data resources of a company are mined for interesting and actionable insights to guide organizational decision-making
Our Applied Analytics degree combines the interaction of technology with the human and organizational structures to support the discovery, management, and dissemination of knowledge that results from analyzing and interpreting data drawn from different aspects of business operations. It prepares career-oriented, working professionals in the areas of:
- Programming and Problem Solving
- Applied Research Methods
- Applied Analytics
- Information Retrieval
- Information Visualization and Representation
- Project Management
- Leadership and Organizational Development
Choosing the right graduate degree, offered online or on-campus, is an important step in both advancing professional development and enhancing career opportunities and satisfaction.
M.S. in Applied Analytics
This online master's degree is a 36-credit program designed for working professionals wishing to pursue a professional master's degree in the Analytics field, while maintaining part- or full-time employment. With courses offered in online and blended formats in accelerated 8-week terms, this program makes advanced education more accessible for working professionals.
The online Applied Analytics program at Saint Louis University provides education in 12 competencies through project-based learning, with an emphasis on personal, interpersonal/group, organizational management, business informatics and technological competencies.
At the Personal level, you will be able to:
- Make sound, ethical decisions; and
- Practice evidence-based decision making.
At the Interpersonal/Group level, you will be able to:
- Create and sustain a culture that promotes collaborative learning and performance across diverse work environments.
At the Organizational and Management level, you will be able to:
- Apply a systems-thinking framework in work settings; and
- Lead change initiative efforts in an organization.
In the Technological domain, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles, and theories relating to Analytics in different business and organizational domains;
- Examine and apply the principles of effective information organization and management of information to support discovery and dissemination of knowledge;
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively integrate the skills of inquiry, critical thinking, problem solving and logical assessment;
- Understand and explain the quantitative and qualitative dimensions of an organizational problem through applied research;
- Analyze and evaluate the ethical considerations that are associated with Analytics initiatives in organizations; and
- Develop the awareness to keep abreast of current trends and advances within the Analytics field.
If you haven't completed your bachelor's degree, check out the Applied Analytics bridge program.
Courses for Applied Analytics Courses