SLU School for Professional Studies News & Events - 2012
2012 SPS News Releases
- LaShone Gibson, Ph.D., was featured in the St. Louis American in a story about adult learners.
"Malcolm X said ‘Education your passport to the future. Tomorrow is for those who prepared for it today,'" said LaShone Gibson, associate dean of Global Relations for the Saint Louis University School for Professional Studies. "I live by that and I really love that ‘passport' spin on it." She should. Her passport has been the key to her success - and an astounding career in international business and international education that has taken her around the world.
- Leadership and Organizational Development Webinar
This webinar will share the perspective of two of the students within the Leadership and Organizational Development (LOD) Program. The students will share insights they have gained since joining the LOD program, their struggles in actively participating in a program while working full-time and their overall assessment of how the program ties into their future career plans.
- School for Professional Studies Information Sessions
The School for Professional Studies will host three online information sessions to discuss the educational opportunities available through their accelerated course formats, which are offered five terms a year.
- Vote for the School of Professional Studies: The School for Professional Studies is a finalist in the 2012 About.com Readers' Choice Awards for Best School for Adult Students.
- A story about the special tuition rate for active military and veteran students for the online aviation program offered by Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology and the School for Professional Studies ran in the Houston Chronicle, Denver Post and the San Francisco Chronicle.
Saint Louis University recently approved a special tuition rate of $250 per credit hour for active military, veterans and benefit-eligible dependents who pursue the online aviation management program through Parks College of Engineering and Aviation and the School of Professional Studies. This low rate, when combined with the tuition assistance provided by the post-9/11 GI bill, will allow eligible military, veterans, and their dependents to obtain a bachelor's degree in Aerospace with a concentration in Aviation Management from the prestigious university at a very low cost.
- School for Professional Studies Earns Top Honors
Saint Louis University's School for Professional Studies has been named the winner of the 2012 About.com Reader's Choice Award for Best School for Adult Students.
- SLU Offers Low Tuition Rate to Military, Veterans for Aviation Program
Saint Louis University recently approved a special tuition rate of $250 per credit hour for active military, veterans and benefit-eligible dependents who pursue the online aviation management program through Parks College of Aviation, Engineering and Technology, and the School for Professional Studies.
- School for Professional Studies Offers "Summer Stimulus Package: Scholarship
Saint Louis University School for Professional Studies (SPS) is offering a $10,000 summer scholarship giveaway this year for both new and current students. The new student scholarship is designed to assist students who are newly admitted to the School for Professional Studies for the Summer 2012 term.
- Jennifer Giancola, Ph.D., was quoted in a St. Louis Beacon story about reducing college costs.
Jennifer Giancola, dean of the School for Professional Studies at Saint Louis University, said she has worked closely with BJC to work through all of those issues. The university has helped customize classes to meet specific needs at BJC and provided classes onsite so employees of the hospital can attend with their colleagues, encouraging them to succeed.
- Information Fair for Busy Adults
Faculty from each of the school's academic programs, admissions counselors and representatives from financial aid and student support services will be on hand to share information and answer questions in a relaxed setting. Light refreshments will be served.
- SPS Trivia Night, Auction
Join the School for Professional Studies faculty, staff and alumni for their annual Trivia Night and Auction, benefiting the SPS Servant Leadership Scholarship Fund, Friday, Oct. 5, in the lower level of Busch Student Center.
- Andy Benes Speaks at Commencement
Saint Louis University's 2012 mid-year commencement speaker, Andy Benes, is a man of many accomplishments - St. Louis Baseball Cardinals pitcher and Olympic Gold Medalist to name just two - but when he stepped to the podium at SLU's Chaifetz Arena Friday, Dec. 14, he was enthusiastic about sharing some very meaningful education experiences with the assembled graduates and those attending the ceremony.