- News, Videos & Social Media
- SPS News and Events
- SLU for Busy Adults Online Information Session - August 2014
- SLU for Busy Adults Information Session - July 2014
- Freeburg Named as New Dean of SPS
- SLU for Busy Adults Information Session - May 2014
- Hospitality Webinar - April 2014
- SLU for Busy Adults Graduate Webinar - March 2014
- Roland Corvington to Speak at Saint Louis University
- School for Professional Studies and SLU-Madrid Campus Offer Blended Computer Information Systems Program
- Saint Louis University Faculty Member Publishes New Book
- SLU for Busy Adults Featured on Local News Program
- CJSM Panel - March 2014
- Hospitality SLUnited - March 2014
- Gibson Named one of Business Journal's 40 Under 40
- SLU for Busy Adults Information Session - February 2014
Saint Louis University to Host 5th Annual Criminal Justice & Security Management Panel Discussion
This Year’s Topic: Business Continuity in Response to Crisis
The School for Professional Studies at Saint Louis University will be hosting its 5th annual Criminal Justice and Security Management Panel Discussion on Thursday, March 6. This year's topic is Business Continuity in Response to Crisis. A distinguished panel of industry experts discusses the important issues and considerations companies must address to carry on in a time of crisis.
In 2011, 124 people were killed and an estimated 8,000 buildings were destroyed in Joplin, MO. In 2013, over 70 million people were affected by the credit card and data breach at Target. These and other crises highlight the need to ensure business continuity in today's society. Whether the situation calls for emergency management, disaster recovery, or assurance of ongoing business operations, business continuity has never been more important than it is today.
- Kim Battig, Senior Business Continuity Analyst at Centene Corporation
- Jeff Larner, Chief Security Officer, Global Security at Peabody Energy Corporation
- Anthony Lichty, Director of Business Continuity at Edward Jones
- Mike Smiley, Director of the St. Louis County Police Department's Office of Emergency Management
Facilitator: John Steffen, Sr. Program Manager at Charter Communications
CJSM Panel Discussion Event Details:
- Date: Thursday, March 6, 2014
- Time: 5:30 p.m. doors open and program starts at 6:00 p.m.
- Location: Saint Louis University, Busch Student Center, Rooms 170 and 171, 20 North Grand Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63108
To register for this free event, click here or call 314-977-2330.
The annual panel event is a Saint Louis University pro bono service to the criminal justice and security community. Since 2010, SLU has engaged in important dialogue around timely topics that have application in many fields, from information technology to legal counsel, engineering, human resources, law enforcement, business, security and education.