- Tuition, Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- SPS Scholarships
- Lumiere Place Hospitality Scholarship
- Hospitality Industry Advisory Board Scholarship
- Anne Haltenhof Project Management Scholarship
- Steven and Diana Ippolito Scholarship
- New Student Incentive Scholarship
- New Student Commitment Scholarship
- EAB Scholarship for Servant Leadership
- Herndon Products Scholarship for Organizational Studies
- Dean's Emergency Scholarship
- Continuous Progress Scholarship
- Brandt Disability Scholarship
- Criminal Justice and Security Management Scholarship
- Latisha Barefield Memorial Scholarship
- Additional Financing Sources
- External Financial Aid Resources
- Recruiter Incentive Program
- Financial Aid Feedback Form
- Deferred Payment
- Tuition Remission
- Financial Literacy and Resources
Criminal Justice and Security Management Scholarship
This scholarship was established to benefit a Criminal Justice and Security Management student in the School for Professional Studies.
Award Amount$1,800 for 1 recipient. Non-renewable.
The Criminal Justice and Security Management (CJSM) Scholarship is awarded to one full-time student pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice and Security Management. The scholarship is awarded based on: the student's life experience and career goals; personal and professional motivation; GPA; and financial need.
Do You Qualify?
To be eligible for the Criminal Justice and Security Management Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria at the time of application:
- Be seeking a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice and Security Management (change of major may result in forfeiture).
- Ensure official copies of all necessary college, high school and/or GED transcripts have been received in SPS by the application deadline.
- Completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic year for which you are applying.
- Completed math and/or English placement tests as necessary.
- Submit a 500 word essay addressing the following question: "How will your life experience, as well as your study of Criminal Justice and Security Management contribute to your immediate and long-term career plans and personal goals?"
- Receive less than the equivalent of 9 credit hours (currently $5400) in tuition assistance per year (exclusive of aid received through the FAFSA, such as federal loans or grants).
- Able to provide service to the School for Professional Studies by serving as a volunteer at the 2014 Criminal Justice and Security Management Panel Presentation or an equivalent five hours of service to the CJSM program.
- Available to complete an interview with the selection committee, if appropriate.
To apply for this scholarship, qualified students should:
- Fill out and submit the below application by the deadline. For the current list of scholarship deadlines, click here.
- File FAFSA.
- Meet all requirements described above.
- Include the essay described above.
SLU employees and/or family members who qualify for SLU tuition remission are not eligible to receive SPS scholarships. The scholarships are not cash refundable and are applied directly to the cost of tuition for the term awarded. Receipt of an SPS scholarship is contingent upon successful completion of the enrolled courses each term. Students who withdraw from courses may be subject to forfeiture of all monies awarded by SPS.