- Tuition, Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- SPS Scholarships
- Lumiere Place Hospitality Scholarship
- Hospitality Industry Advisory Board Scholarship
- Anne Haltenhof Project Management Scholarship
- Steven and Diana Ippolito Scholarship
- New Student Incentive Scholarship
- New Student Commitment Scholarship
- EAB Scholarship for Servant Leadership
- Herndon Products Scholarship for Organizational Studies
- Dean's Emergency Scholarship
- Continuous Progress Scholarship
- Brandt Disability Scholarship
- Larry L. Cockell Criminal Justice Scholarship Fund
- Latisha Barefield Memorial Scholarship
- Additional Financing Sources
- External Financial Aid Resources
- Recruiter Incentive Program
- Financial Aid Feedback Form
- Deferred Payment
- Tuition Remission
- Financial Literacy and Resources
Executive Advisory Board (EAB) Scholarship for Servant Leadership
Up to $2,500; One to two recipients per academic year - one new student and one current student.
Do You Qualify?
This award is for SPS students who exhibit characteristics of servant leadership. A servant leader is someone who serves others in his/her work through collaboration, empathy, trust and the ethical use of authority. These characteristics are applicable to roles that you have in your personal and work life, and can be applied at any level position within an organization.
Up to two awards can be given per academic year with one awarded to a new student (less than 12 hrs taken at SPS) and one awarded to a current student. Recipients must utilize the scholarship within the academic year that the scholarship was awarded. Recipients are eligible to apply for the scholarship once per academic year.
To be eligible for the Executive Advisory Board (EAB) Servant Leadership Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria at the time of application:
- Ensure official copies of all necessary college, high school and/or GED transcripts have been received in SPS by the application deadline.
- Completed math and/or English placement tests as necessary.
- Have a minimum 3.0 SPS or transfer GPA.
- Provide one letter of recommendation from a faculty member or work colleague. Letter should address student's role as a servant leader.
- Submit a 300-500 word essay addressing the following topic: "How do you currently exhibit the qualities of a servant leader in your life? How will you use your degree to further yourself as a servant leader?"
- Have a current Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the Office of Student Financial Services at Saint Louis University, DuBourg Hall, Room 121, (314) 977-2350.
- Receive less than the equivalent of 9 credit hours (currently $5400) in tuition assistance per year (exclusive of aid received through the FAFSA, such as federal loans or grants).
- Available for an interview with the scholarship committee, if appropriate.
To apply for this scholarship, qualified students should:
- Fill out and submit the below application by the deadline. For the current list of scholarship deadlines, click here.
- File FAFSA.
- Meet all requirements described above.
- Include the essay described above.
School for Professional Studies (SPS) scholarships are awarded to qualified students enrolled in a program issued by SPS. The number and profile of applicants will vary by term; consequently, a student may be awarded a scholarship one term, but not the next. SLU employees and/or family members who qualify for SLU tuition remission are not eligible to receive SPS scholarships. The scholarships are not cash refundable and are applied directly to the cost of tuition for the term awarded. Receipt of an SPS scholarship is contingent upon successful completion of the enrolled courses each term. Students who withdraw from courses may be subject to forfeiture of all monies awarded by SPS.