- Tuition, Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- SPS Scholarships
- Diana, Alice, Emily, and Cecelia Ippolito Healthcare Scholarship
- Lumiere Place Hospitality Scholarship
- Hospitality Industry Advisory Board Scholarship
- Anne Haltenhof Project Management Scholarship
- Steven and Diana Ippolito Scholarship
- New Student Incentive Scholarship
- New Student Commitment Scholarship
- EAB Scholarship for Servant Leadership
- Herndon Products Scholarship for Organizational Studies
- Dean's Emergency Scholarship
- Continuous Progress Scholarship
- Brandt Disability Scholarship
- Criminal Justice and Security Management Scholarship
- Doris Lee O'Donnell Memorial Scholarship
- Larry L. Cockell Criminal Justice Scholarship Fund
- Latisha Barefield Memorial Scholarship
- Additional Financing Sources
- External Financial Aid Resources
- Recruiter Incentive Program
- Financial Aid Feedback Form
- Deferred Payment
- Tuition Remission
- Financial Literacy and Resources
Hospitality Industry Advisory Board Scholarship
This scholarship was established by the Hospitality Industry Advisory Board in support of undergraduate students in the School for Professional Studies' hospitality program.
$2,000 for 1-2 recipients per academic year. Renewable, but must reapply.
The Hospitality Industry Advisory Board (IAB) Scholarship is awarded to a new or continuing student pursuing a minor or certificate in hospitality management and enrolled in at least two (2) hospitality management courses in the academic year the scholarship is awarded. Eligibility is based on financial need and quality of personal statement essay. The scholarship must be used within the academic year it is received.
Do You Qualify?
To be eligible for the Hospitality Industry Advisory Board Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria at the time of application:
- Pursuing a minor or certificate in Hospitality Management (change of minor/certificate may result in forfeiture).
- Ensure official copies of all necessary college, high school, and/or GED transcripts have been received in SPS by the application deadline.
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic year for which you are applying.
- Completed math and/or English placement tests, as necessary.
- Submit a 500 word essay addressing the following: "Present a personal statement of your commitment to the hospitality industry. Outline specifically how this scholarship will advance your specific area of educational focus. Additionally, discuss the characteristics/skills that will allow you to succeed in this field, and how you plan to give back to the industry in the future."
- Receive less than the equivalent of 9 credit hours (currently $5,400) in tuition assistance per year (exclusive of aid received through the FAFSA, such as federal loans or grants).
- Able to attend (either remotely or physically) a Hospitality Industry Advisory Board meeting. (Dates TBD)
To apply for this scholarship, qualified students should:
- Fill out and submit the below application by the deadline. For the current list of scholarship deadlines, click here.
- File FAFSA.
- Meet all requirements described above.
- Include the essay described above.