- Tuition, Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- SPS Scholarships
- New Student Commitment Scholarship
- New Student Incentive Scholarship
- Brandt Disability Scholarship
- Continuous Progress Scholarship
- Dean's Emergency Scholarship
- EAB Scholarship
- EAB Scholarship for Servant Leadership
- Steven and Diana Ippolito Scholarship
- Latisha Barefield Memorial Scholarship
- Hospitality Industry Advisory Board Scholarship
- Lumiere Place Hospitality Scholarship
- Larry L. Cockell Security & Strategic Intelligence Scholarship Fund
- Herndon Products Scholarship for Organizational Studies
- Anne Haltenhof Project Management Scholarship
- Diana, Alice, Emily, and Cecelia Ippolito Healthcare Scholarship
- Additional Financing Sources
- External Financial Aid Resources
- Deferred Payment
- Financial Literacy and Resources
Larry L. Cockell Security & Strategic Intelligence Scholarship
This scholarship was established to benefit a Security & Strategic Intelligence (SSI) student in the School for Professional Studies.
Award Amount$2,500-$5,000 for 1-2 recipients per year. Renewable but must reapply.
The Larry L. Cockell Security & Strategic Intelligence (SSI) Scholarship is awarded to one or two full-time students pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Security & Strategic Intelligence. The scholarship is awarded based on GPA and financial need.
Do You Qualify?
To be eligible for the Larry L. Cockell Security & Strategic Intelligence Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria at the time of application:
- Be seeking a Bachelor's Degree in Security & Strategic Intelligence (change of major may result in forfeiture).
- Ensure official copies of all necessary college, high school and/or GED transcripts have been received in SPS by the application deadline.
- Completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic year for which you are applying.
- Submit a 300-500 word essay addressing the following question: "How will you use your SSI degree to further yourself personally and professionally and give back to the community?"
- Receive less than the equivalent of 9 credit hours (currently $5400) in tuition assistance per year (exclusive of aid received through the FAFSA, such as federal loans or grants).
- Able to provide service to the School for Professional Studies by serving as a volunteer at the 2016 Security & Strategic Intelligence Panel Presentation or an equivalent five hours of service to the SSI program.
- Available to complete an interview with the selection committee, if appropriate.
To apply for this scholarship, qualified students should:
- Fill out and submit the below application by the deadline.
- File FAFSA.
- Meet all requirements described above.
- Include the essay described above.
SLU employees and/or family members who qualify for SLU tuition remission are not eligible to receive SPS scholarships. The scholarships are not cash refundable and are applied directly to the cost of tuition for the term awarded. Receipt of an SPS scholarship is contingent upon successful completion of the enrolled courses each term. Students who withdraw from courses may be subject to forfeiture of all monies awarded by SPS.