- Tuition, Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- SPS Scholarships
- Summer Incentive Scholarship
- Diana, Alice, Emily, and Cecelia Ippolito Healthcare Scholarship
- Lumiere Place Hospitality Scholarship
- Hospitality Industry Advisory Board Scholarship
- Anne Haltenhof Project Management Scholarship
- Steven and Diana Ippolito Scholarship
- New Student Incentive Scholarship
- New Student Commitment Scholarship
- EAB Scholarship for Servant Leadership
- Herndon Products Scholarship for Organizational Studies
- Dean's Emergency Scholarship
- Continuous Progress Scholarship
- Brandt Disability Scholarship
- Criminal Justice and Security Management Scholarship
- Doris Lee O'Donnell Memorial Scholarship
- Larry L. Cockell Criminal Justice Scholarship Fund
- Latisha Barefield Memorial Scholarship
- Additional Financing Sources
- External Financial Aid Resources
- Recruiter Incentive Program
- Financial Aid Feedback Form
- Deferred Payment
- Tuition Remission
- Financial Literacy and Resources
The Lumiere Place Hospitality Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Pinnacle Entertainment in support of undergraduate students in the School for Professional Studies' hospitality program.
$2,000 for 1-2 recipients per academic year. Renewable, but must reapply.
The Lumiere Place Hospitality Scholarship is awarded to a new or continuing student pursuing a minor or certificate in hospitality management. The scholarship is awarded based on an earned minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, financial need, and quality of career development plan. The scholarship must be used within the academic year it is received.
Do You Qualify?
To be eligible for the Lumiere Place Hospitality Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria at the time of application:
- Pursuing a minor or certificate in Hospitality Management (change of minor/certificate may result in forfeiture).
- Ensure official copies of all necessary college, high school, and/or GED transcripts have been received in SPS by the application deadline.
- Completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic year for which you are applying.
- Completed math and/or English placement tests, as necessary.
- Submit a 500 word essay addressing the following: "Describe your fit in the hospitality industry, including short-term and long-term goals related to career development and personal/professional development."
- Receive less than the equivalent of 9 credit hours (currently $5,400) in tuition assistance per year (exclusive of aid received through FAFSA, such as federal loans or grants).
To apply for this scholarship, qualified students should:
- Fill out and submit the below application by the deadline. For the current list of scholarship deadlines, click here.
- File FAFSA.
- Meet all requirements described above.
- Include the essay described above.
SLU employees and/or family members who qualify for SLU tuition remission are not eligible to receive SPS scholarships. The scholarships are not cash refundable and are applied directly to the cost of tuition for the term awarded. Receipt of an SPS scholarship is contingent upon successful completion of the enrolled courses each term. Students who withdraw from courses may be subject to forfeiture of all monies awarded by SPS.