Saint Louis University

School of Education Student Resources

School of Education Student Resources

Resources & Links 

mySLU is the SLU student portal to a variety of SLU-specific resources and information, including Blackboard, course catalog, student records, billing, and more!

 If it is your first time logging into mySLU, please see the information about logging in for the first time and changing your password.

University Links and Resources

Other Links and Resources | Where graduate students help each other succeed (not a SLU site)

Student Information and Forms

Program-Specific Student Information

Higher Education: 

Educational Leadership:


Frequently Asked Questions for Incoming Students

Is there an orientation for incoming students?   

Yes, The Department of Educational Leadership and Higher Education holds a Fall orientation, and new students are highly encouraged to attend prior to starting a graduate program.

-back to FAQ top

How can I register for courses?   

Traditional students can register for courses using Banner Self-Service in mySLU under Tools. If you need assistance with course registration, please contact the Department of Educational Leadership and Higher Education.

-back to FAQ top

When are advisors assigned?  

Traditional students will be assigned an advisor at the beginning of their graduate program. Cohort students will be assigned an advisor after completion of the first year. Advisors assist students with course selection, the project or dissertation processes. Typically, advisors are assigned on the basis of the student's area of interest within the field of Educational Leadership or Higher Education.

-back to FAQ top

Are internships available for credit?  

Yes, for-credit internships are offered in both Educational Administration and Higher Education. For students in Educational Leadership programs, a 3 to 4 credit internship is required. For students in Higher Education, internships are optional and can be completed in Higher Education Administration, Student Personnel Administration, or College Teaching for 3 credit hours.

-back to FAQ top

What types of financial aid are available?  

Financial aid is available to qualifying students in the form of scholarships, assistantships grants, and loans.

-back to FAQ top

Does the department have a library liaison?  

The Department of Educational Leadership and Higher Education has a library liaison to assist students with navigation of databases and research searches on specific topics for courses, projects and dissertations. The department library liaison is available by appointment for individual consultations and to provide more in-depth research assistance. In addition, the library liaison and department faculty work together to maintain library collections that support the curriculum and research of Educational Leadership and Higher Education. For assistance, contact Ms. Georgia Baugh, the Department Library Liaison, at 314.977.3598 or email,

-back to FAQ top

When do cohort programs begin?  

Cohort programs begin in different years depending on location for the Educational Leadership program. Cohorts are not currently being formed for Higher Education. Please see the Cohort Programs page for more information about programs or contact the Department Office at (314) 977-2508.

-back to FAQ top


Do the courses have an online component?

Many of the courses offered in the Department of Educational Leadership and Higher Education have an online component, particularly for courses that do not meet on a weekly basis. Once registered for a course, students may access the online portion of the course using Blackboard under Tools in mySLU.

-back to FAQ top

Higher purpose. Greater good.
© 1818 - 2017  SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY   |   Disclaimer   |  Mobile Site
St. Louis   |   Madrid