Campus Ministry Services
As an institution of higher learning with a strong Jesuit identity, Saint Louis University offers students, staff and faculty a variety of opportunities for spiritual development and service.
Father John Vowells, S.J. is the campus minister (chaplain) of the School of Law. He has office hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Each week he has regular office hours, including some evenings. Times are posted at the entrance to the Campus Ministry office, Room 742 (next to the CLAM). Please feel free to drop by for conversation, serious or light, or anything in between. If desired, appointments can be set up beforehand.
Services offered by Fr. Vowells include:
* one-on-one pastoral/personal counseling
* marriage preparation and counseling
* assistance with transitions and other life issues, including relationship counseling and stress management
* guidance with prayer and faith development
* referrals regarding volunteer service possibilities on and off campus
* opportunities for the Sacrament of Reconciliation, and
* information about religious services on campus and throughout the St. Louis metro area.
The chapel is located next to Fr. Vowell's office. The chapel is available as a quiet place of reflection (and refuge!) whenever the law school is open. You will also find a collection of reflection resources maintained by Campus Ministry for your use.
There is a weekly Mass that takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12:05 p.m. in the chapel. All are welcome to attend this half-hour prayer opportunity. In addition, Campus Ministry sponsors a variety of communal prayer experiences throughout the academic year, including periodic interfaith prayer services.
The campus ministers of Saint Louis University serve the needs of students, faculty, and staff from many faith traditions. For a fuller description of the programs and events offered by Campus Ministry throughout the University, please visit their website or consult the attached SLU Campus Ministry brochure.
Father John Vowells, S.J.
Campus Minister (Chaplain)
Office: Room 742