- Student Life
- Campus Ministry
- Financial Assistance
- Multicultural Affairs and Outreach
- Student Organizations
- Getting Started FAQ
- Audio/Video Recording
- Computer Labs
- Library Kiosks and Public Computers
- Scrub/Remove Personal Info from Word Document
- Student Computing and Laptop Recommendation
- Student Printing
- Wireless Network
- Contact ITS
- Contact Student Services
Extegrity Installation Instructions
Practice Exam Instructions (PC/Mac)
The following procedure will install the Exam4 software on your computer, and verify that it works. This software can ONLY be downloaded during a certain period of time, as determined by the Law School and the software vendor. You will receive an email with the dates for the download provided. For the actual exam, you will be using the same software, but will be instructed by a proctor on the final steps.
Software Installation Steps:
Exam 4 Installation Demo Video
This software will ONLY run on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
- If you have used Exam4 on your computer before, DELETE ALL OLD DESKTOP ICONS for Exam4 software.
- Close any unnecessary programs – IM, email, Office, games, etc.
- Go to www.exam4.com from a web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox).
- Select "for Law schools" from the left pane.
- Scroll down the page and click on "Saint Louis University School of Law."
- Enter your information as instructed.
- Choose your operating system from the list (Vista/Win7/Mac).
- Click on “Submit Form”.
- Place a check in the confirmation box after reading the instructions, and click on the link at the bottom of the page, which will look like the line below:
Exam4 for [your Operating System] > click here to download
- Once the file has downloaded, double-click on it to install the software.
Installation of the software is now successful. Be sure to submit a Practice Exam well in advance of your first scheduled exam.
Practice Exam & Submittal Steps:
- You must be connected to the SLUNET, SLUNET-N, or SLU-users wireless network. Wireless network SLUGUEST will NOT work.
- Extegrity recommends that you CLOSE the software now, and re-launch using the red Extegrity icon on your desktop.
- Select the button for Prepare to start a new exam, and click Next >.
- Enter your exam ID into the Exam ID fields. These numbers must match.
- For the Course fields, select “Practice exam,” and click Next >.
- Check the confirmation box, and click "OK."
- The next page can be left as is. Click Next >.
- Read the following page closely, then check the Got it? box when you are ready, and click Next >.
- Under Type selected Exam Mode here: type in “CLOSED” (no quotes).
- Place a check in the check box, and click Next >.
You will soon be running the Exam4 software, which does NOT allow other windows to be open. You will need to print these directions BEFORE PROCEEDING in order to continue following them after this step.
- Click Begin Exam.
- If your computer passes the security check, the exam software is working.
If it does NOT pass the security check, you may be unable to take the computerized exams. Refer to the Security Check Violation Help on the 4th startup screen of the Exam4 software. If you continue to have problems, you can either contact Extegrity tech support through their website, or bring your laptop to the Help Desk for troubleshooting.
- You now need to check to make sure the exam software can connect to the server:
ATTN: The electronic submittal WILL NOT WORK from outside the SLU campus. You must be connected to the SLUNET wireless network (NOT SLUGUEST) for exam submittal to succeed.
- Select End Exam > End Exam Now, check the confirmation box, and click OK, End Exam.
- Click on the Submit Exam Electronically button. A message should pop up saying "Exam Submitted Successfully." If you receive an error, verify that your PC is connected to the network and functioning.
- Select File and Save Options > Exit.
- Check the “I'm sure” box (if you are), and click Exit Exam4.
- If connected to a WIRED network connection, you may unplug the network cable at this point.
- You can rerun the Exam4 software anytime using the red icon on your desktop.