School Application Process
For formal admission as a major in the BSSW Program of the School of Social Work, you will need to:
- Complete an Application for Admission to the Social Work Major form (pdf) during the Sophomore year.
- Take the lower level social work courses SWRK 100 Introduction to Social Work and SWRK 227 Human Behavior and the Social Environment.
- Prepare a personal statement that addresses the following:
- Reasons for wanting to major in social work;
- Qualities or attributes that make you suitable for the social work profession;
- Life experiences that helped shape your desire to major in social work.
4. Schedule an appointment for a personal interview with the Program Director.
(An interview with the Admission Committee may also be required.)
Note: Formal admission to the social work major must be completed before you can enroll in upper level (300 and higher) courses. Lower level (100-200) courses are open to all students.