- Senior Legacy Symposium
Senior Legacy Symposium Project Descriptions
Projects may be presented in three ways:
- The project is summarized on a poster or video presentation/slideshow, or a display of artwork. Students are expected to stand next to their posters so that attendees can ask questions about the project. If students are part of a group, at least one member must be at the presentation throughout the program.
- Guidelines: Presenters will have six feet of space to use for presentation areas. Tables will be provided, but you must supply your own easel if you would like to use one as a method of presentation display. Suggested display boards include 36 X 48 inches, 3 panel, 2 folds (for tables) or 40 inches x 60 inches if you choose to mount your presentation and bring your own display easel. Tack boards for mounting posters will not be provided. Students may not hang presentations on the walls.
- Since projects will be displayed throughout the symposium, information should be detailed enough for an observer to understand the theme/purpose of the project or experience if the student is absent. The use of photographs or PowerPoint slides will enhance the visual appeal of the submission. If assistance is needed in designing the display, the student may wish to contact Instructional Media Center located in the Xavier Annex
- Students have 12 minutes to present their work, with a 5 minute question and answer period (17 minutes total). This could include a multimedia format.
- The Student Involvement Center will assign each project a timeslot for their presentation. Please be prepared to present at any point between the 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm timeslot.
- Guidelines: Since time will be strictly enforced, students should make sure their presentation is concise and should rehearse presentation to ensure adequate timing. The recommended number of PowerPoint slides is no more than 12 slides.
17 minute theater and music performances will be showcased in a presentation format. Artwork will be displayed with the poster presentations.
Guidelines: Since time will be strictly enforced, there is minimal time (3 minutes) for set up and tearing down of props, so the use of props should be kept to a minimum.