Welcome to the Saint Louis University Center for Service and Community Engagement, your home for becoming connected to the community! Here at the CSCE, we can provide you with a multitude of opportunities to:
We connect students, faculty, staff, and alumni to volunteer opportunities in the community,
We promote community-based scholarship by supporting campus-wide service-learning efforts and fostering university-community research partnerships.
We encourage personal and social responsibility by transforming volunteers into effective servant leaders and advocates of social justice.
Location: Center for Global Citizenship, Suite 130
3672 West Pine Ave
St. Louis, MO 63108
What's Going On Now?
- Applications for the Social Justice and Advocacy Training and Non-Violent Communication Workshop Now Available
If you are interested in social justice and ways to engage in advocacy, consider participating in either (or both!) of these great opportunities!
- Social Justice and Advocacy Training: For more info on this powerful series designed to provide students the skills and knowledge to lead for justice, click here!
- Non-Violent Communication Workshop: New to SLU, this weekend retreat will give students a chance to learn more about themselves, how to interact with divserse sets of people, and how to engage on divisive topics. Click here for more info!
- Making A Difference in North St. Louis Poster Symposium
Students, Faculty, Staff, and Community Partners are invited to submit an abstract for the "Making a Difference in North St. Louis" Poster Symposium. Abstracts are due by October 19. The symposium is happening on November 10 from 4-6pm at Cardinal Ritter High School. More details, including abstract submission requirements, can be found here.
- Apply Now For Spring Immersion Trips!
In the spirit of a Faith that promotes Justice, Campus Ministry in collaboration with the Center for Service & Community Engagement, and campus partners, will be offering eight immersion experiences to local, national and international communities during spring and summer break. These experiences, grounded in the pillars of Solidarity, Social Justice, Spirituality and Community, will challenge you to engage the gritty realities of the world while reflecting on the values of human dignity and servant leadership, that are integral to a Jesuit education at SLU.
Applications are now open. For questions, contact John Duffy-Burke, Campus Minister for Faith and Justice, at email@example.com or (314) 977-1532. For more information about each of the immersion experience visit the CM website.