- Centers with Global Reach
- Center for Global Citizenship
- Center for Intercultural Studies
- Cross Cultural Center
- Doerr Center for Social Justice Education & Research
- Emerson Ethics Center
- Center for International and Comparative Law
- Center for Sustainability
- Boeing Institute of International Business
- Russian and East European Studies
- Regional Collaboration in Languages and Cultures
- Center for Entrepreneurship
- Center for Workforce & Organizational Development
- Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- Albert Gnaegi Center for Healthcare Ethics
- Center for Service and Community Engagement
- Center for Supply Chain Management
- Simon Center for Regional Forecasting
- Bander Center for Medical Business Ethics
- Center for Interprofessional Education and Research
Center for Sustainability
"The Center for Sustainability at Saint Louis University connects scholars on the leading edge of global sustainability research with internationally recognized thought leaders across the private and public sectors to solve the cascading issues surrounding society's increasing use of our decreasing resources. The Center insures the next generation of leaders continues driving change through its innovative Master of Sustainability degree program. Recognizing the humanistic nature of sustainability related issues, and all the Center's research and education initiatives are driven by a foundational moral commitment to improving the quality of life for all, regardless of national boundaries. "
John Woolschlager, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Sustainability
Saint Louis University is the first and only Jesuit institution of higher learning with a Center for Sustainability, and no other university in the Midwest offers a masters program focused entirely on sustainability.
The Center is made possible by a generous $5 million gift from the Alberici Foundation. The gift also established the Alberici Fund for Innovation in Sustainability, a $1 million seed grant program that supports sustainability research.
Highlights of Global Outreach:
Through May 2011, the Center for Sustainability in partnership with the SLU Unite for Sight chapter collected used and empty printer ink cartridges which will be exchanged for funds through the Cartridge for Kids program. All monies raised will be used to finance cataract surgeries for individuals in Honduras, Ghana, and India who would otherwise go without treatment. Collection boxes are located in Marquerite and Pruellage residence halls, The Flats, and the Center for Sustainability.