A New Look at Macular Degeneratiion
A New Look at Macular Degeneration
October 22 | 6:30-7:30 p.m. | St. Louis County Central Library |
Presenter: Stephen Feman, M.D., Ophthalmologist
Macular degeneration may not mean blindness. Good news for those 65 and older who are most at risk of developing this sight robbing disease. Ophthalmologist and macular degeneration researcher Dr. Stephen Feman will explain the different types of macular degeneration as well as provide you with preventive tips to protect your sight. He will also help you recognize the early symptoms and signs, and explore treatment options.
The bi-annual series is sponsored by SLUCare, the Physicians of Saint Louis University. The speakers are all leading medical specialists and researchers in their field. They will explain in layman's terms the latest advancements as well as take questions from the floor, and provide tips and practical solutions.
Other Series Topics Are:
- Vascular Health and Screenings, Oct. 16
- Joint, Knee & Hip Replacement, Oct. 17
- A New Look at Macular Degeneration, Oct. 22
- Cosmetic Dermatology: Helping your skin look its best at any age, Oct. 23
- The Hybrid Maze: A new approach to treating atrial fibrillation, Oct. 24
- Parent Trap: Caring for the Aging Parent, Oct. 29
- Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery, Oct. 30
SLUCare is the clinical arm of the Saint Luis University School of Medicine. Our 500 plus physicians offer an advance level of expertise, knowledge and care that only an academic medical practice can provide.
To learn more, and to register for any of the FREE lectures, visit the For Your Health page.