SLUCare's registration check-in staff is committed to ensuring your medical appointment is a pleasant one. We understand that your time is important, so we ensure your eligibility and benefits for services prior to appointments.
All patients are required to check-in with our registration team. During the check-in process, representatives will verbally verify the patient's address, telephone number and insurance information. Co-pays are collected during this time and you will be given the opportunity to remit payment for your bill. This check-in process is routine with an average wait time under three minutes. Exceptions to this rapid check-in are new patients and established patients with insurance updates.
All new patients and patients with insurance updates may spend up to 10 minutes during their check-in. These patients are asked to arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled appointments so check-in staffers can obtain signatures on necessary documentation and to ensure that the information on their insurance cards is consistent with the information on their accounts.
To help expedite the check-in process, you may contact the SLUCare Call Center at (314) 977-4440 or (866) 977-4440 to verify or update your account before your visit.
To make your visit to a SLUCare provider goes as smoothly as possible, please reference your new patient packet. If you didn't receive a packet please consider bringing the following items with you:
- Health insurance card and any required authorization or referral forms
- Driver's license or other photo identification and Social Security number
- Name and address of your referring doctor and primary care doctor
- Contact information for any other provider you would like us to communicate with regarding your care
- List of any medicines (and dosages) you are or have been taking (including over-the-counter medicines)
- List of any known food or drug allergies
- Important past medical information, if you have been asked to bring it, including hand-carrying a disk with any x-rays or other imaging results
- Your co-payment or payment due at the time of service
- List of questions to ask your doctor to ensure we have addressed all your concerns.