Eric S. Armbrecht, Ph.D.
Associate professor; Director consulting practice
Saint Louis University Center for Health Outcomes Research (SLUCOR)
Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University School of Medicine
Data Management, Introduction to Biostatistics, Introduction to Clinical Medicine, University 101 Enhancing First year Success
- Ph.D. in health services research from Saint Louis University
- M.S. in biotechnology from Johns Hopkins University
- B.S. science-business program from University of Notre Dame
Chronic disease management is the focus of Armbrecht's work as a professor, data scientist and public health advocate. For more than 15 years, he has designed, implemented, and evaluated health improvement strategies across diverse populations and settings, including health care systems, community-based organizations and government agencies. He balances technical mastery of data analysis with keen attention to how information is packaged and communicated.
- Big data analytic tools
- Quality measurement
- Innovative primary care delivery models
- Diabetes management
- Co-Production and patient engagement
- Data visualization and clinical decision making
Publications and Media Placements
Professional Organizations and Associations
- Institute for Clinical and Economic Review
- Midwest CEPAC
- SLUCare-SSM Triple Aim Committee
- Saint Louis University MyCare Program Leadership Team (a patient-centered medical home)
- Academy Health
- Academy for Healthcare Improvement
- American Evaluation Association
Community Work and Service
Armbrecht serves as senior analytics advisor for the Midwest Health Initiative, a nonprofit community-based organization that maintains a regularly-updated, longitudinal warehouse of health insurance claims (medical and pharmacy) representing 1.5 million people from Missouri, Illinois and Kansas. His experience with big data and expertise in statistical analysis is supporting the Midwest Health Initiative's drive to improve quality and affordability.
In addition to teaching and leading funded research projects, Armbrecht directs SLUCOR's consulting practice. The practice partners with academic, government, corporate and nonprofit clients to study effectiveness and value across the health care system. Through his consulting engagements, he has analyzed hundreds of datasets ranging in size and complexity from a few carcinoma cases to 7 million-plus hospital discharges. The projects have spanned many analytic challenges and medical sub-specialties, including pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, surgery and emergency medicine.
- St. Louis Diabetes Coalition
- Little Flower School
- Allergy and Asthma Foundation of America-St. Louis Chapter
- Health Policy Committee
- State of Missouri Chronic Disease Coordinating Council
- State of Missouri Children's Services Commission Subcommittee on Childhood Obesity