Jiajing Chen, Ph.D.
Saint Louis University Center for Health Outcomes Research
Introduction to Biostatistics for Health Outcomes Research
- M.P.H. in biostatistics and epidemiology from Saint Louis University
- Ph.D. in health services research from Saint Louis University
Chen has extensive experiences in big data. She has outstanding skills in computer
programming, scientific research and statistical analysis. Chen is the leader of managing
several large national databases, including private health insurance claims data,
Medicare data, and SEER data.
Chen’s current research is to expand the understanding of safety profiles of antidiabetic
agents, improve available evidence used by the FDA for diabetes drug regulation, and
help physicians identify the best treatment options. Her primary research interests
include pharmacoepidemiology and pharmacoeconomics, particularly related to adverse
cardiovascular, pancreatic, and cancer events associated with diabetes polytherapy
using national administrative databases. Chen is also actively involved in research
of other clinical outcomes in diabetic populations.
In addition to research, Chen is an integral member of the SLUCOR consulting practice. She provides analytic support for many grants and research projects for clients in academia, industry, government, and non-profit organizations. Through her consulting engagements, she has analyzed hundreds of datasets ranging in size and complexity from publicly available datasets to large administrative databases such as the private insurance claims databases (with 10-plus million unique patients). Before joining SLUCOR, Chen worked as a statistical consultant at Washington University School of Medicine assisting with various clinical studies in cardiology, pediatrics, orthopedics, and gastroenterology.
- Pharmacoepidemiological studies related to adverse cardiovascular, pancreatic, and cancer events associated with diabetes polytherapy;
- Antidiabetic agents use and health outcomes after bariatric surgery among patients with type 2 diabetes;
- Insulin pump therapy in diabetic populations;
- Clinical and economic outcomes of plastic surgery among pediatric population;
- Database management including large administrative claims databases and registry data
Publications and Media Placements
Honors and Awards
- Saint Louis University Graduate Research Assistantship
- Saint Louis University Teaching Assistantship
- Saint Louis University Achievement Scholarship and Vision Scholarship
Professional Organizations and Associations
- International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research