William Troy Manard, M.D.
Chief medical informatics officer
School of Medicine
Department of Family and Community Medicine
- B.S., Southwest Missouri State University
- M.D., Saint Louis University School of Medicine
- Transitional year residency, Naval Medical Center
- Anesthesiology residency, Naval Medical Center
- Family medical residency, Forest Park Hospital
Publications and Media Placements
- van den Berk-Clark C, Doucette E, Rottnek F, Prada MA, Hughes R, Manard W, Lawrence T, Schneider FD. Do patient-centered medical homes improve health behaviors, outcomes and experiences of low income patients? A systemic review and meta-analysis. Health Serv Res 2017 in press. DOI:10.1111/1475-6773.12737
- Manard W, Syberg K, Behera A, et al. Higher referrals for diabetes education in a medical home model of care. J Am Board Fam Med 2016 29:377-384.
- Manard W, Scherrer J, Salas J, Schneider FD. Patient portal use and blood pressure control in newly diagnosed hypertension. J Am Board Fam Med 2016 29:452-459.
- Manard W. How to provide more access without working more hours. Fam Pract Manag 2015 May-June;22(3):24-29.
- Manard W. Closely consider finances, staffing when expanding office hours. Med Econ 2014 Jan 10;91(1):19-20.
- Schamp RO, Manard WT. Update on prevention and treatment of influenza in the elderly. Clinical Geriatrics 2006;14(10):27-33.
Book Chapters and Monographs
- Manard W, Schamp R. Osteoporosis. In Smith M et al, eds. Family Medicine: Ambulatory Care and Prevention. 6th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2014: 737-47.
- Haines C, Manard WT. Practice Improvement. FP Essentials, Edition No. 395, Leawood, KS: American Academy of Family Physician; April 2012.
- Schamp R, Manard W. Osteoporosis. In Mengel MB, Schwiebert LP, eds. Family Medicine: Ambulatory Care and Prevention. 5th ed. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2009:584-93.
Abstracts and Posters
- Zubatsky M, Manard WT, Meyer D, Pettinelli JD, Scherrer JF, Schneider FD, Smith CW, van den Berk-Clark, CJ. Integrated Family Medicine and Medical Family Therapy in an Educational Setting: Challenges and Opportunities in Patient Care and Training. Poster accepted for presentation at Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Conference on Practice Improvement, Dallas, TX, December 2015.
- Meyer D, Pettinelli JD, Scherrer JF, Schneider FD, Manard WT, Smith CW, van den Berk-Clark CJ. The Impact of Co-Located Integrated Care on Patient Health in Primary Care. Poster accepted for presentation at Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Conference on Practice Improvement, Dallas, TX, December 2015.
- Manard WT, Armbrecht E, Syberg K, Behera A, Scherrer JF, Salas J. Higher Referrals for Diabetes Education in a Medical Home Model of Care. Poster presented at Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Annual Spring Conference, Lake Buena Vista, FL, April, 2015.
- Pearce EF, Manard WT, Stephens GS. Role of a Pharmacist in a Patient-Centered Medical Home for University Employees. Poster presented at the American College of Clinical Pharmacists Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA, October, 2011.
- Danter C, Gruszczynski E, Manard W, Moore M, Muir S, Pearce E, Stephens G, Rahman R, Randolph T. Impact of Small Group Education Series on Outcomes of Medical Home Patients. Poster presented at the American Academy of Physician Assistants IMPACT 2011 Clinical and Professional Poster Session, Las Vegas, NV, June, 2011.
- Schneider FD, Stephens GS, Manard WT. Building The Interprofessional Team for The Medical Home. Accepted abstract (presented by other authors) at the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Annual Spring Conference, New Orleans, LA. April, 2011.
- Schneider FD, Manard WT. Who Wants to Get Their Care in a PCMH? Oral presentation at the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Conference on Practice Improvement, San Antonio, TX, December 2010.
- Stephens GS, Schneider FD, Brooks NA, Muir S, Rahman R, Gruszczynski EH, Manard WT. The Interprofessional Team: Who, Why, and What they do in the patient-centered medical home. Poster presented at the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Conference on Practice Improvement, San Antonio, TX, December, 2010.
Professional Organizations and Associations
- Association of Medical Directors of Information Systems
- American Medical Informatics Association
- Health Information and Management Systems Society
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Missouri Academy of Family Physicians
- St. Louis Academy of Family Physicians
Community Work and Service
- Member and medical content reviewer for Endurance Nation (ad hoc)
- Member and medical content reviewer for USA Triathlon (ad hoc)
- Volunteer Physician at student-run Health Resource Center (ad hoc)