Jerry Thurman, M.D.
Assistant clinical professor
Department of Internal Medicine
- M.D. from the University of Missouri
- M.H.A. from Saint Louis University
- Diabetes mellitus and its complications
- Thyroid disorders
- Male impotence
- Poly-cystic ovarian disease
Publications and Media Placements
- Buse JB, T Vilsboll, J Thurman, TC Blevins, IH Langbakke, SG Bottcher, HW Rodbard. Contribution of Liraglutide in the Fixed-Ration Combination of Insulin Degludec and Liraglutide (IDegLira). Diabetes Care. 2014;37(11): 2926-2933.
- Lajara R, G Guerrero, J Thurman: Healthcare professional and patient perceptions of a new prefilled insulin pen versus vial and syringe. Expert Opinions in Drug Delivery. 2012; 9(19): 1181-1196
- Bailey, Thurman, Niemeyer, Schmeisl: Usability and preference evaluation of a prefilled insulin pen with a novel injection mechanism by people with diabetes and healthcare professionals. Current Medical Research and Opinion. 2011; 27(10): 2043-2052
- Thurman JE. Analysis of Insulin Pen Devices for the treatment of Diabetes Mellitus. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology. 2008; 2(3): 482-3
- Thurman JE. Pen Injection Devices for the Management of Patients with Type 2 Diabetes: Based on an Endocrinologist’s Practical Experience in the United States. Endocrine Practice. 2007; 13(6): 672-678
- Thurman JE and Mooradian AD. Alternative Therapy: Vitamin Use in the Elderly. In Alternative Medicine for the Elderly. P. Cherniack, N. Cherniack (Eds.). Springer Publishing Company, New York, 2003, Chapter 7 pp. 91-109.
- Mooradian AD, Chehade J, Thurman JE. The Role of Thiozolidinediones in the Treatment of Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Treatments in Endocrinology. 2002; 1(1): 13-20.
- Thurman JE and Mooradian AD. Age-Related Carbohydrate Intolerance. In Facts, Research and Intervention in Geriatrics Serie: The Science of Geriatrics. Volume II. Morley, JE, HJ Armbrecht, RM Coe and B Vellas eds. Springer Publishing Company, New York. 2000. Chapter 31. pp 409-417.
- Mooradian AD and Thurman JE. Glucotoxicity: Potential Mechanisms. Clinics in Geriatric Medicine: Advances in the Care of Older People with Diabetes. 1999, 15(2): 255-263.
- Mooradian AD, and Thurman JE. Drug Therapy of Postprandial Hyperglycemia. Drugs. 1999, 57(1): 19-29.
- Thurman JE, and AD Mooradian, “Starving for Sugar: A Complicated Case of Hypoglycemia. Patient Care. 1998, 32(10):142-143.
- Thurman JE, and AD Mooradian, Vitamin Supplementation in the Elderly. Drugs and Aging. 1997;11(6):433-449.
- Thurman JE, and AD Mooradian, How to Handle Elderly Patients: Diabetes Mellitus in the Elderly. Medical Interface: Costs and Options in Diabetes. 1997,Issue 10:11-12.
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- American Diabetes Association
- Fellow of the American College of Endocrinology
- The Endocrine Society
- St. Louis Endocrine Club
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association, Resident Physician Section
- Missouri State Delegate to the AMA, 1992-1996
- Missouri State Medical Association
- Resident’s Section State Delegate, 1992 – 1996
- Saint Louis Metro Medical Society