Modern and Contemporary Art Work
2nd Floor

The second floor of the Saint Louis University Museum of Art features fine art drawn from Saint Louis University's permanent collection. The floor is divided into a series of galleries permitting a variety of artists and styles to be shown. Artists represented include: Serge Poliakoff, Richard Serra, Ernest Trova, and Arnoldo Pomodoro.

The collection is especially indebted to the generosity of Charles H. Yalem, Judith and Adam Aronson, and to Samuel and Audrey Levin. A recent benefaction by the Honorable Thomas Eagleton illustrates contemporary mixed media work by Robert Motherwell, Andy Warhol, Sean Scully, Jasper Johns, and Chuck Close. These artists are complimented by similar works in the permanent collection.

The permanent collection will be further expanded and enhanced through the gift received in 2012 from the Arthur and Helen Baer Charitable Foundation. This generous gift will establish the Arthur and Helen Baer Charitable Foundation SLUMA Endowment Fund in support of art acquisitions which will create an exciting opportunity for SLUMA to build its collection of 20th and 21st C art. Additionally the foundation has generously agreed to provide additional financial support to be used for ongoing annual art acquisitions. The first acquisition is Tri-Color Spade from Five Spades (1982), an aquatint by Richard Diebenkorn. The artwork is on display in the Arthur and Helen Baer Charitable Foundation Gallery.

© 1818 - 2015  SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY   |   Disclaimer   |  Mobile Site
St. Louis   |   Madrid