- Billiken Bridge to Success (BBS)
Interested in Becoming a Peer Mentor?
Being a Billiken Bridge to Success (BBS) and TRiO Programs mentor with Student Educational Services (SES) requires having a strong desire to serve as a resource for others, a passion for sharing knowledge of the SLU community and the ability to be a model of positive behavior.
If you fit this criteria, consider becoming a peer mentor and following the Jesuit tradition of service to others. It's a rewarding experience, and students who serve as peer mentors with SES enjoy many benefits, including:
- Two free meals per day and free on-campus housing for the duration BBS Program
- Additional cultural experiences
- Fun social events and activities
- Developing leadership and interpersonal skills
- Compensation as a paid student worker
The Application Process
The SES peer mentor application process is the same as the selection process for all First-Year Experience (FYE) leader positions and is accessed through SLU Groups.
Mentors are selected during the spring semester and begin employment at the start of the BBS program. For more information, browse the links below: