First of all, set up your Federal Work-Study (FWS) account through SLU's CareerLink website by following these easy steps:
- Make sure that you have been awarded and accepted your FWS by checking your financial aid award letter in your MySLU account.
- Register online as a student and set up your personal profile so you can search for open positions.
- From here, you can apply online for any open positions.
Useful hints to keep in mind:
- Maintain a record of positions and contact information each time you apply.
- Don't hesitate to politely follow up with your contact if you haven't heard anything within 2 weeks of application.
- Ensure that your personal contact information is up-to-date and you are checking your email/voicemail regularly.
- For helpful interview tips, click here.
Here are some facts to keep in mind about FWS:
- Even though FWS is a Title IV federal aid program, these are real jobs. Students apply, are interviewed, hired and paid directly for hours worked. There are many available positions on campus, but it is important to be aware that an FWS award does not guarantee a position.
- Wages are paid directly to student workers biweekly and are never automatically applied to a student's SLU account.
- Students are paid for all hours worked, but not for break or lunch times.
- You may only have one FWS position at a time.
- In the event that you have a position, but want to resign and work in a different position, you must notify your direct supervisor - giving two to four weeks notice is preferred - and the supervisor must email the FWS specialist, Kristie Signorello, at firstname.lastname@example.org before you can be processed for the new position.
Please refer any further questions to 314-977-2350.