- First-Year Experience
- Common SLU Terms
- Fall Welcome
- Fall Welcome Schedule
- Oriflamme Fall Orientation Leaders
- Freshman Residential Information
- Freshman Commuter Information
- Transfer Student Information
- Parent & Family Information
- City of St. Louis Resources
- Fall Welcome FAQs
- SLU Contact Information
- SLU Spirit Shirt Tradition
- New Student Convocation & Family Welcome
- Convocation Student Speaker Application
- First-Year Experience
- First-Year Experience Checklist
- First-Year Experience Leadership Positions
- First Generation College Students
- First-Year Summer Reading
- Freshman Commuters
- SLU 101 Summer Orientation
- University 101
- Winter Welcome
Freshman Residential Information
Fall Welcome begins with move-in! Housing and Residence Life will send housing assignments to new students in July, so continue to check your SLU email to obtain details for your move-in experience. Most freshmen will be placed in one of these five residence halls: Fusz Hall, Griesedieck Complex (Clemens, Griesedieck, and Walsh Halls), Marguerite Hall, Pruellage Hall, and Reinert Hall. New student move-in will be on the Wednesday and Thursday before the first week of classes each year. Your hall and floor assignment will determine which day to move into your room. Students are assigned a specific day to arrive on campus to alleviate traffic flow to allow for a more smooth move-in. Assigned move-in dates can be viewed here.
No matter where you are placed, Oriflamme Fall Orientation Leaders will be there to help you move-in! Once you arrive, Oriflamme Leaders will help unload your vehicle and carry items to your new room. Just look for the students in the orange t-shirts! After they have moved you in, they will serve as your Fall Orientation Leaders for the remainder of Fall Welcome and the Fall semester.
In preparation for your arrival in August, read more about the move-in process for your assigned residence hall and consider the move-in tips below. For additional information or with any move-in questions, please contact Housing and Residence Life by phone at (314) 977-2811 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review the move-in process for your residence hall and locate your check-in location prior to your arrival.
- Arrive to SLU on your assigned date.
- Dress comfortably with close-toed shoes.
- Pack your items in boxes or larger containers to reduce the number of trips necessary to your new room.
- Pack your items in boxes able to be carried by one person.
- Label all of your boxes, plastic tubs, and large items with your name, hall, and room number.
- Bring the appropriate tools for any of your items that require assembly.
- Plan for all types of weather.
- Be patient.
- Stay hydrated.
- Utilize the Oriflamme Leaders - they are there to help!