All first-year students are invited to enter the First-Year Reading Essay Contest.
• Free use of your spring semester textbooks
• Invitation to attend dinner with the First-Year Summer Reading speaker, Lumah Mufleh.
2016 First-Year Reading Book: Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
Please check back later for the prompt question.
A successful essay will accomplish the following:
• Maintain a clear purpose throughout the entire essay
• Express a unique perspective
• Contain a strong, central thesis
• Use relevant, detailed evidence from the book
• Show pages numbers for textual references
• Demonstrate effective paragraphing (coherence and unity among paragraphs)
• Contain correct grammar and punctuation
• 750 - 1000 words
• Please check back later for the due date and how to submit your essay.
Contact the Student Success Center at 314-977-3484
Student Success Center and Barnes and Noble College Bookstore