- Transfer Student Experience
- SLU 101 Transfer Student Orientation
- SLU 101 Transfer Orientation Program Dates & Registration
- SLU 101 Transfer Orientation FAQ
- SLU 101 Transfer Orientation Sample Schedule
- First-Year Summer Reading
- Fall Welcome
- Winter Welcome
- TRANSFERmations Fall Program
- First-Year Experience Leadership Positions
- Frequently Asked Questions
SLU 101 Transfer Student Orientation
We look forward to welcoming you and your family to Saint Louis University at SLU 101 Transfer Orientation. Highlights of the day include information sessions with your school or college, individual meetings with an academic advisor, making connections with other students, reserving your textbooks, getting your student ID, and learning about important campus resources such as: Information Technology Services, Parking and Card Services, the Student Involvement Center, Campus Ministry, Housing and Residence Life, the Student Success Center, Financial Aid and more.
Because we provide a great deal of information relevant to your academic success and register you for your semester classes, it is expected that all new transfer students will participate in this program. We understand that you already have experience at a college, so we've designed SLU 101 Transfer Orientation specifically to meet the special needs of transfer students. We look forward to welcoming you to the SLU community!
Transfer Student Learning Outcomes:
- Transfer students will experience a successful academic transition by being connected with faculty members, academic advisors, and peer mentors.
- Transfer students will gain an appreciation of people different than themselves through multicultural programming and community building activities.
- Transfer students will learn about service opportunities offered at SLU through a weekly newsletter distributed by e-mail.
- Transfer students will reflect on their transition and be able to articulate the impact and importance of their experiences.
For additional information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions page or call the Student Involvement Center at 314-977-2805.