Tools for Success
- Handshake job & internship database
- 4-Year Career Development Plan
- How to Decide on a Career
- Graduate School Timeline
- Guideline to Conducting a Successful Job Search
- Interviewing: Putting the best You forward
All faculty and instructors at SLU are encouraged to include the following statements on their course syllabi.
Student Success Center Syllabi Statement:
In recognition that people learn in a variety of ways and that learning is influenced by multiple factors (e.g., prior experience, study skills, learning disability), resources to support student success are available on campus. The Student Success Center, a one-stop shop which assists students with academic and career related services, is located in the Busch Student Center (Suite 331) and the School of Nursing (Suite 114). Students who think they might benefit from these resources can find out more about:
- Course-level support (e.g., faculty member, departmental resources, etc.) by asking your course instructor.
- University-level support (e.g., tutoring services, university writing services, disability services, academic coaching, career services, and/or facets of curriculum planning) by visiting the Student Success Center or by going to www.slu.edu/success.
Disability Services Academic Accommodations
Students with a documented disability who wish to request academic accommodations are encouraged to contact Disability Services to discuss accommodation requests and eligibility requirements. Please contact Disability Services, located within the Student Success Center, at email@example.com or 314.977.3484 to schedule an appointment. Confidentiality will be observed in all inquiries. Once approved, information about academic accommodations will be shared with course instructors via email from Disability Services and viewed within Banner via the instructor's course roster.
Additionally, some instructors find it beneficial, due to course content, to list specific information regarding writing assistance for undergraduate or graduate students:
University Writing Services
We encourage you to take advantage of university writing services in the Student Success Center; getting feedback benefits writers at all skill levels. Trained writing consultants can help with writing projects, multimedia projects, and oral presentations. University Writing Services offers one-on-one consultations that address everything from brainstorming and developing ideas to crafting strong sentences and documenting sources. For more information, call 314-977-3484 or visit https://www.slu.edu/retention-and-academic-success/university-writing-services.