Peer Mentor Program
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Saint Louis University Study Abroad Peer Mentor. Study Abroad Peer Mentors will gain valuable experience working with the Office of International Services and provide a vital resource for students deciding and preparing to study abroad. The Office of International Services is looking for student leaders with strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Students must be able to advise students in an accurate, ethical and professional manner, and must have completed some type of international experience (studied, lived, and/or volunteered abroad). Qualified students must exhibit an interest in promoting global education and a passion for global citizenship.
Study Abroad Peer Mentor Responsibilities:
- Attend Study Abroad Peer Mentor training.
- Represent the Office of International Services and Study Abroad in a professional manner.
- Share stories from your study abroad experience with relevant students, faculty and staff.
- Promote study abroad as a valuable experience that helps students to achieve academic, personal, professional, and cultural growth.
- Hold regular office hours in the Office of International Services and provide one-on-one advising for students researching their study abroad options (1-2 hours per week).
- Attend study abroad events, such as: study abroad fair, information tables, pre-departure orientations, etc.
- Assist with study abroad social media presence.
- Serve as a contact for students interested in studying in your host country.
Successful applicants will be chosen for an interview process.