The mission of the Center for Sustainability is to create a more sustainable world through interdisciplinary education, research, and community engagement.
- Develop educational programs that integrate interdisciplinary theories, concepts, and models of sustainability.
- Foster a holistic understanding of the complex causal forces creating sustainability-related issues.
- Prepare future sustainability practitioners and leaders, who are committed to a balanced pursuit of social, environmental, and economic development.
As part of the Center for Sustainability's mission to create a more sustainable world, faculty and students conduct interdisciplinary research to discover socially acceptable, environmentally responsible, and economically viable solutions to some of the world's most pressing sustainability-related issues.
Current areas of research include carbon dioxide and urban form, climate change, UAS/UAV and precision agriculture, deforestation and biodiversity and more.
Learn more about the Center for Sustainability's research efforts.
- Build external partnerships with businesses, government agencies, communities and academic institutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders within SLU to integrate sustainability into operations, internal processes and curriculum.
- Encourage actions that improve quality of life