- Fall 2014 Open House
- 2014 Precommencement
- Sustainable Disaster Recovery Conference
- Events Archive
10 Measures of a Successful Conference
1) Sustainable Disaster Recovery has been established as more of a cohesive "industry" and the conference has greatly strengthened relationships among the network of organizations and people working toward common objectives.
2) The conference has raised the profile of sustainability and the value and importance of integrating it into the rebuilding of communities affected by natural disaster.
3) We've positively affected the lives of people in disaster areas, both now and in the future.
4) Students - all attendees - will leave the conference feeling inspired and energized, with passion for sustainability and optimism about the opportunities latent in disaster and recovery.
5) Media coverage has clearly reinforced our message about the need for sustainable disaster recovery.
6) We feel satisfied with the financial component of the conference - even if we have not recovered our investment - because we know that the return on investment is measured in many ways, including the potential for positive revenue in coming years.
7) We've introduced people to products and services (and therefore built awareness and demand for such) that will make their lives, and communities, healthier and more sustainable.
8) We have raised awareness and understanding of, and appreciation for, the work of SLU and GreenTown.
9) The sponsoring organizations (and their hard working representatives) feel energized (as opposed to enervated) after the conference and will want to do it again next year!
10) Sponsors, exhibitors, supporting businesses, and attendees who have invested in the conference are extremely happy that they did so. People will ask about next year's event before they have left this year's.